by sleekoduck87

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Family members losing relations

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, All GPs except for Parenthood, all SPs except for Childhood, Toddlers, My First Pet, and Movie Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an elder parent click on an adult child to interact
What happens when the bug occurs? Parent-child relationship disappears and romantic interactions become possible
What do you expect to see? Parents having appropriate relationships with their children
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is just all kinds of icky. Using CAS, I created parents for Nancy Landgraab, based on statistics and information on the Sims Wiki site. (Prior to that, I created a family in which the marriage did not appear between the parents once I moved them onto a lot, so I was super-careful to check, double-check, triple-check, and quadruple-check that Nancy Landgraab and her parents (Chester and Queenie) were definitely related in CAS.) I had everyone get to know each other for a few hours before moving Chester, Queenie, and Nancy's brother to another household.

The relations seemed normal for a while, but after playing the Chester and Queenie Landgraab household for about a week or two, Chester started getting these very unnatural options available with his own daughter. I checked, and they were no longer related. Given what had happened to the other family, I am extremely sure that they were related previously.

My sister plays TS4 on Playstation and has had the family becoming unmarried thing happen to one of her families as well.

Unnatural Landgraabs

Message 1 of 10 (1,106 Views)

Re: Wrong on So Many Levels

[ Edited ]
Hero

Were they removed from the family tree as well ? Does this only happen if you create parents to existing Sims in CAS or also to Sims that were naturally born in game ?

To me the problem is not that they have romantic relationships but that they relationships got lost after a while. If the game doesn't know anymore that they were related, why shouldn't there be

Also: Did you patch yesterday ? Could you fill out the actual patch level number you're at (you can find that in the main menu at the button). Digital Deluxe is just the edition you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,089 Views)

★ Guide

This happened last month and I deleted the neighborhood because I didn't want that spreading into other neighborhoods, so I don't know if it's patch-related. I did patch last night. I could not find the patch number on my Origin GUI. The photo is dated from late December 2018.

The first time it happened, I made a father, a mother, and a daughter in CAS, and when I moved the family into a house, both parents were parents to the daughter, but no longer married to each other. It was annoying, but I sent the parents on a date and their relationship improved. This was almost identical to what happened to my sister on her PS4.

With the Landgraabs, I edited the family that came with the game. Because I had seen it happen before and my sister had the same thing that happened to the other family happen in her game as well, I was extremely careful to make sure that the Landgraabs all had their proper relationships. The father-daughter relationship between Chester and Nancy seemed to vanish suddenly. It was showing up fine even Sim-hours before that.

Chester was still showing up as Malcolm's grandfather.

The neighborhood was deleted because I figured something was really, really wrong with it at that point, which is a bit frustrating because a lot of the Sims in it were close to completing their aspirations.

Message 3 of 10 (1,080 Views)

Hero
Ok. Thanks. I filled in yesterday's patch number.

It's just good to know on which level it occurred when trying to duplicate issues and find out what it could be (for the devs)

Thanks for all the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,075 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

You're welcome. Thanks for looking into it. I checked the photo date and it was December 30, 2018, taken at 18:41:27 ET that day. I believe that was two patches ago.

Message 5 of 10 (1,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK. that was probably patch 1.48.94. I'll change that.

I've forwarded this. It's up to QA to look into this. They might have more questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,071 Views)

Hero
Added to the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,046 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Family members losing relations

Champion (Retired)

Father Daughter relationship lost. Cyrus gave birth to Tharsis via abduction. She was a teenager and they were BBFs. They had not traveled except for her to attend school and dad to go to work (rabbithole). Just now selected her to do homework and clicked on him to help with her homework and the only option was to attempt introduction (he is a B-Lister in the astronaut career). Selected him and he has only the socials to introduce.
Game Version 1.50.67.1020 Zero Mods/CC
Origin ID EuphorialQueen
Save file and last exception available

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 10 (1,018 Views)

Hero

@EuphorialQueen 

yes, your save would be helpful, thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,001 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

@EuphorialQueen 

yes, your save would be helpful, thank you.

Sorry for the delay:
OneDrive Link

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 10 (981 Views)