Re: Sims load in different spots than where last left.

by ellenmayberry

Original Post

Hero
Hi @PolluxSims

did you see my answer above ? Are you still having problems with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 43 (1,145 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue as the original poster in this thread, my Sims all wake up when the dad starts work at 6 a.m. That's four toddlers that wake up without filling their energy bar. When dad gets home from work they are exhausted, needing attention and fun-deprived. Not hungry, though. It's really annoying. They should stay asleep until their energy bar is full.

Message 22 of 43 (1,079 Views)

Sims at home fail to stay in bed when family member goes out

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all official DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Requires family with multiple sims. Put all of them except one or two (possibly happens with more too) to bed and wait for the sims in bed to fall asleep. Then travel with the awake sims to any other lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims that stay at home are suddenly awake (their portrait background switches to a normal emotion colour from the dark blue sleep background) and don't take care of their needs (meaning they'll be dead tired, but won't stay in or go to bed to sleep), BUT their needs appear to be frozen until I return to the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims who are in bed to stay in bed until their energy need is resolved, and to not get up prematurely unless they have to go to work or school (or for an emergency).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims that were asleep in bed used to stay asleep when I travelled away from the lot. Since I haven't played for a few months I'm unsure when this changed. Been testing this with a few different families and it appears to be a persistent problem with all sims that get left at home - even pets. They all get woken up as soon as I leave the lot. And the "care for self" remote control command apparently doesn't cause them to actually take care of their needs.

With my one family where the one sim is a vampire it gets really annoying because she's obviously up at night while the others sleep, and I'm used to using that time to let her feed and have fun. It used to not be a problem, but now her night time adventures mean the rest of the family, especially the kids, never get any sleep before they have to go to work/school.

Message 23 of 43 (1,002 Views)

Re: Sims at home fail to stay in bed when family member goes out

Message 24 of 43 (991 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Family Sims wake up when i leave the residential lot

★ Guide
I don't know if my save file also experiencing sims wake up after one of the family members leave the residential lot, but I notice the "Care for Self" option ain't working properly. Their needs going low, energy, fun, social, hygiene, all won't get filled even the bars turned red. The same thing happens in high school where their bladder bar drops so low, I need to make them "leave earlier" to avoid any problem.
Message 25 of 43 (989 Views)

Re: Sims at home fail to stay in bed when family member goes out

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheSteelRodent I merged your post with existing thread

@AndyZhang2896 That sounds more like this fixed issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properly/td-p...

You're on PC, right ?

Would you be willing to share your save where you still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 43 (976 Views)

Sims standing on reload

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Get Together, Cats and Dog, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save game, exit to main menu or fully exit the Sims 4, return to the same save.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are left standing near the object they were last interacting with when game is reloaded.
What do you expect to see? Sims the way they were when the game was last saved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

11-05-19_1-15-44 PM.png

Whenever I return to my game, my sims are left standing around. They typically go back to what they were doing before, but occasionally I find that their queues have been wiped clean.

Message 27 of 43 (937 Views)

Re: Sims standing on reload

Hero
@MillenniumKitten I merged your post. The first post does sound a bit different to what you're seeing but as you can see: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Family-Sims-wake-up-when-i-leave-the-residential-lot/m-p/... is the same as yours.

Currently keeping them all in one thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 43 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Platform: Mac

What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Dine Out, Laundry Day, and Bowling Night

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find the bug by having sims asleep, and have someone plan an outfit or save, exit, and restart the game.

What happens when the bug occurs? All sims that are asleep will be standing, and get back in bed immediately. 

What do you expect to see? I expect sims to stay asleep regardless if I plan an outfit or restart the game

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after updating Origin, The Sims 4 update to 1.62.69.1220 from 1.55.108.1220, the purchase and install of Seasons, Realm of Magic, and Laundry Day, and adding multiple new pieces of Custom Content.

I see that there are threads similar to my issue, but I'm not sure how to post without replying directly to someone.

Whenever I load my game, I encounter two issues. The first issue deals with sims sleeping and standing up. If I click "Plan Outfit" or load a game, any sim that is sleeping will be standing, but will get back in bed immediately. I have included a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube showcasing the issue: https://youtu.be/9navopcaNpw 

I have tried everything except reinstalling the game to see if it would fix the issue:

- Removed Custom Content and Mods and loaded the game without any of it

- Removed all Custom Content and Mods, and tried "Repair Game"

- A fresh game by trying this: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling 

I had version 1.55.108.1220 without any Expansion Packs, Game Packs, or Stuff Packs before 1.62.69.1220 . I did have some Custom Content such as a stove, three different hair styles, two different pairs of shoes, one article of clothing, a TV, and Snow Mod. None of this caused any issues until the update, added Packs, and more Custom Content. I was also talking to a relative that also plays The Sims 4 but has more Packs than I do, and experiences the same bugs that I have described. They; however, do not have any Custom Content or Mods at all and use Windows.

Message 29 of 43 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@mazdalover24 Everytime I load into a lot and the Sims are sleeping they appear standing next to their beds and then get back into bed to resume sleeping. If I select the Sims standing next to their beds their status says that they are asleep.
Message 30 of 43 (736 Views)