by JHardeman2

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [FSP] Hidden Climbing skill not unlocking

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game expansions excluding Seasons and Eco Life Style. All game packs. All stuff packs. All Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unable to unlock Hidden Rock Climbing Skill with or without using cheat Build rock climbing wall on patio max sims fitness through traditional methods (treadmill, weights, boxing) climb Rock Climbing Wall observe hidden Rock Climbing Skill never unlocks use cheats on official Sims 4 site observe Rock Climbing Skill does not unlock
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to achieve hidden Rock Climbing Skill Also unable to complete Endurance Challenge 4
What do you expect to see? Using Rock Climbing wall or cheat unlocks hidden Rock Climbing skill and ability to complete Rock Climbing endurance challenge
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unable to unlock Hidden Rock Climbing Skill with or without using cheat

1. Build rock climbing wall on patio
2. max sims fitness through traditional methods (treadmill, weights, boxing)
3. climb Rock Climbing Wall
4. observe hidden Rock Climbing Skill never unlocks
5. use cheats on official Sims 4 site
6. observe Rock Climbing Skill does not unlock

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,379 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [FSP] Hidden Climbing skill not unlocking

Hero
@JHardeman2 Could you clarify for me, did you check with a mod if the Sim has the skill ? It doesn't show in the skill bar as it's hidden.

Or do they just not get better ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@JHardeman2 

I tested this: New folder, made sim with Athletic asp. and traits Active, Loves Outdoors and Cheerful; placed in lot Bargain Bend, WC; ran on tread mill till achieved level 10 Fitness skill; bought Rock Climbing Wall, climbed it. Added sim, same aspiration & traits; started climbing on Rock Climbing Wall (got Fitness skill this way). Installed the mod Show Sim Info. They both have both the Rock Climbing skill, and the Rock Challenge Hidden Traits, for the levels they have conquerred. I have passed level 4 with both of them. Haven't managed to defeat level 5 yet, with either, because they keep catching on fire.

Skill for the sim that levelled Fitness to skill level 10 on the tread mill:

sim level 10 Fitness before Rock Climbing.png

.. the challenge level they have done. 
sim level 10 Fitness before Rock Climbing.pngsim level 10 Fitness before Rock Climbing 2.png

Both sims have got Fitness level 10 now. They don't defeat the Climbing wall Challenges every time they try, it seems random.

What do you mean by 'Unlock'? The skill is hidden. Did you look with Show Sim Info, or another mod? How many times have you tried to conquer the level 4 climbing wall challenhe? 

Edit: The Rock Climbing Wall levels up the skill Fitness. So if the skill is already maxed out, the sim climbing will not show a bar for it.

Message 3 of 5 (2,297 Views)

★ Pro

I haven't been able to complete the "Overhang Challenge Hard." Each time a Sim attempts a challenge the green progress indicator goes a little further. When the progress indicator reaches the full point my Sim resets and an LE is generated. This causes the progress to reset to the beginning.

If you're not paying attention, it can look like the Sim just quit. But quitting doesn't reset progress or generate an LE.

All the Sims I've tried this with have max Fitness and at least a 6 in SL Rock Climbing. The Climbing Treadmill also has a hidden Rock Climbing skill. I don't know what my Sims hidden skill level is. 

File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py', line 209, in c_api_server_tick [ absolute_ticks : 277788686263, clock_service : server_clock, previous_ticks : 277788686225, zone : <Zone ID: 0x7ae0b8674e50275>, persistence_service : persistence_service]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py', line 485, in update [ self : <Zone ID: 0x7ae0b8674e50275>, absolute_ticks : 277788686263, game_clock : game_clock, time_service : time_service, season_service : season_service, weather_service : weather_service, narrative_service : narrative_service, roommate_service : roommate_service]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py', line 112, in update [ self : time_service, time_slice : True, max_time_ms : 33]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py', line 234, in simulate [ self : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, until : 11:27:51.840 day:3 week:984, max_elements : 10000, max_time_ms : 33, count : 28, start_time : 6180.941243502, end_time : 6180.974243502001, handle : [None, None, <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, False, <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>], when : 11:27:51.480 day:3 week:984, _ : 425921, _t : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, _s : True, e : <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>, calling : True, result : [None, None, <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, False, <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>], exc : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> Fail) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1d9f11f18; to 'object_sim' at 0x1a2ceec90>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'treadmill': (<weakref at 0x1d517a808; to 'object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall' at 0x1c99e2ad0>, '1', <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>)} (debug context: Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:)]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py', line 721, in _report_exception [ self : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, element : <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>, exception : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> Fail) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1d9f11f18; to 'object_sim' at 0x1a2ceec90>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'treadmill': (<weakref at 0x1d517a808; to 'object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall' at 0x1c99e2ad0>, '1', <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>)} (debug context: Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:), message : Exception running Element]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py', line 183, in _on_exception [ self : time_service, timeline : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, element : <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>, exception : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> Fail) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1d9f11f18; to 'object_sim' at 0x1a2ceec90>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'treadmill': (<weakref at 0x1d517a808; to 'object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall' at 0x1c99e2ad0>, '1', <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>)} (debug context: Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:), message : Exception running Element, name : Sim Timeline]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\log.py', line 854, in exception [ self : <sims4.log.Logger object at 0x16c5323d0>, message : Exception in {}: {}, exc : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> Fail) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1d9f11f18; to 'object_sim' at 0x1a2ceec90>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'treadmill': (<weakref at 0x1d517a808; to 'object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall' at 0x1c99e2ad0>, '1', <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>)} (debug context: Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:), level : 150, args : ('Sim Timeline', 'Exception running Element'), frame : <frame at 0x21e538040, file 'E:\\Builds\\MCCC_2021_2_1\\mc_cmd_center\\mc_injections.py', line 853, code inject_logger_exception>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py', line 381, in _run [ self : <Gen; animate_states.<locals>.do_begin@145; dead>, timeline : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, pending_generator : <function animate_states.<locals>.do_begin at 0x1d44894d0>]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py', line 185, in do_begin [ timeline : <scheduling.Timeline object at 0x1ab2a77d0>, arb_begin : <animation.arb.Arb object at 0x18127a290>, state : Fail, asm : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>, begin_states : ('Fail',), enable_auto_exit : True, end_states : ('exit',), interaction : Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:]
File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py', line 1065, in request [ self : ASM :: TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb (HANDLE :: 51443)>, state_name : Fail, arb : <animation.arb.Arb object at 0x18127a290>, context : <AnimationContext: asms=['TreadmillRockClimbingWall_Climb'] refs=['AnimationContext'] request_id=3595>, debug_context : Interaction <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.treadMill_Rock_ClimbingWall_Mixers_Climb_Challenge_4'> on object_treadmill_Rock_ClimbingWall:0x05aa0d49eb560a58; id:32310, sim:, current_state : entry, result : 1, __class__ : <class 'animation.asm.Asm'>]
Message 4 of 5 (1,059 Views)

★ Pro

This is the progress circle I'm referring to:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.14.26 AM.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (1,024 Views)