by ScorpiOpal18

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [FSP] Earbuds caused Sims to all listen to music

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim in multi-Sim household listen to music whilst wearing earbuds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in household who also have earbuds start listening to music from the first Sims earbuds, even if they were on a different floor. Afterwards, whenever one Sim goes to listen to music (whether it be from earbuds or music player) all other Sims in the household will listen to it to.
What do you expect to see? Only Sims directed to listen to music should be listening to music.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I had my child Sim listen to music from her earbuds whilst drawing. Went to go see what her mother was doing, and her mother was listening to music from her daughter's earbuds (Daughter's are pink, mother's are white). Turned it off for both of them and afterwards, the mother still had earbuds in and the musical notes around her head.

Tried to remedy it by having the mother turning the earbuds off and on again. It worked... kind of. The issue switched to the daughter and woke her up. She then had the musical notes around her head and earbuds in. When they're not on.

Now if I tell one of them to go listen to music, the other will too. I can cancel the action on the one I didn't direct, but it's just a bit irritating.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,576 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Earbuds caused Sims to all listen to music

Hero

Is your game all updated to the newest version (as you put don't know)

Here's instructions how to find it: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Usually if origin tells you, your game is all updated, then it is but for the off-chance that it's not, it would be good if you could doublecheck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's definitely fully updated. 

Message 3 of 8 (2,473 Views)

Hero
Adjusted your post. Thanks for checking

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,459 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,428 Views)

If one household member listen to music with earbuds, all members do

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu. Eco not installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have household members buy earbuds. One member of the family sets erabuds as favorite. Click on the Sim, select earbuds and listen to any music. All members of the household (toddlers excluded of course) will have earbuds on and will be listening to the same type of music.
What happens when the bug occurs? All household members have earbuds on and listen to the same kind of music.
What do you expect to see? Only the member that decided to listen to music should be listening to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Prior to 1.34 this was not happening.

It feels like it is something introduced in 1.34, since all members now have earbuds equipped. You can really see them and, by clicking the active icon, remove them.

Message 6 of 8 (2,023 Views)

sims 4

★★★★ Novice

Earbuds. I bought one set for a sim so he can jam out easier while programming. When i select the listen option, every sim in the household listens to the same station using the same earbuds even though i only bought the one pair. Bought another pair and both sims have to listen to the same kind of music. When i change it for one, it changes both. No mods. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,094 Views)

Re: sims 4

EA Staff
@RogueSkywalk3r

Hello All,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,019 Views)