Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Exercising Never Stops!

by 000Unavailable

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Exercising Never Stops!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs Discover university get to work city living nifty kniting get famous realm of magic island living seasons deluxe party spa day movie hangout get together bowling night kids stuff dine out outdoor retreat vampires toddler stuff laundry day cool kitchen jungle adventure perfect patio vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? give a sim a task to do any exercise equipment. allow normal time to pass. they don't stop unless you cancel their action
What happens when the bug occurs? a sim will spend as long as they can exercising instead of finishing after the appropriate amount of time. Example, spend 8 hours commando training if left alone.
What do you expect to see? i expect the sim will spend the appropriate amount of time to run on the treadmill, lift weights or punching bag and move onto the next task in his cue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.33 was launched today

Sim doesn't end task of exercising 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,247 Views)

Hero
@EchoKix I can duplicate this to some extent. They do stop for me when needs are low and the punching bag still gets a timer. Can't say if they stopped cause of low hygiene though or cause of the timer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,220 Views)

★ Guide

That has also occasionally happened to me. They'll only stop if their hygiene gets extremely low. Do you also have a problem of Sims randomly stopping what they're doing to do push ups, sit ups, or stretch even if they don't have the Active trait or they're feeling energetic?

Message 3 of 10 (1,189 Views)

Hero
@000Unavailable Do you have Eco ? It can happen if the appropriate NAP is active that makes them do that (should not be played Sims though, just NAPs).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had a similar experience where they stop for needs. One Sim took6  hours to stop so I'd call that a hug. I've had this happen with2  households and3  Sims on the same save file. 

Thing is: if they don't finish, they don't get the buffs or advance in aspirations like " work out push the limits" they have to finish the work out naturally. Did you do commando? That was the boxing that never stopped.

I have eco but that specific NAP isn't active.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 5 of 10 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EchoKix Do you also still have random push-ups/stretching for non-active/non-energized Sim ? My question was about that, not about the issue you described in your OP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,142 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, I have been having this problem since before Eco, but I think more often with that one. I'm assuming it happens if the Sim's Fitness skill gets pretty high, but I haven't double checked yet. Will do and I'll let you know. I think it happens with most Sims though if they're feeling energized and you're not currently playing that household, which I'm guessing must be a normal thing that's been set up for them to do.

Message 7 of 10 (1,122 Views)

Hero
@000Unavailable Yes, if they're energized, that's what they do, not a bug.

I noticed that with SE, everyone is energized a lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,113 Views)

★ Guide

That is so true. I also noticed that when you have the lot trait "Sunny Aspect" they get energized more than inspired or anything else.

Message 9 of 10 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4 from time to time. It usually happens when the sim has an energized buff that fades while exercising. Exercise is also not the only interaction that gets affected by dropping buffs. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,066 Views)