by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Excessive usage of the observatory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an observatory at your home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim sometimes suddenly drops all interactions to go to the Backyard Observatory to Stargaze.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not use the observatory every 3 or 4 hours
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims sometimes suddenly drop their interaction to go stargazing in an available observatory and it happens every few sim hours.

It is quite annoying because they cancel every interaction to do that.

Message 1 of 3 (638 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Excessive usage of observatory / excessive fireplace lighting

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zack4358 Could you please create separate threads for each issue.

Best to edit this one to be about the observatory and create a new thread for the fireplace

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (615 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive usage of the observatory

Hero

@Zack4358  I have noticed this happening lately but my sims don't quit what they are doing to go to the telescope.  Or at least I haven't noticed that they do anyway.  I just seems to be the "thing" they want to do whenever they are idle and the telescope is not in use by another sim.  And I also noticed that a visitor will do it too and never want to leave when it happens.  they just keeping using the telescope.  For days, in my case.  No matter what I did, the sim would not leave and stayed in the telescope.  Finally had to go to her lot and call her back home to get it to stop.

Since you are/were using mods, have you disabled autonomy on anything else via MCCC?  I have found that if you disable too many things, that sims always seem to find something else to be OC about so that may be a factor here.  Just because you pull the mods, doesn't mean that everything that the mods did get's automatically undone either.  Deleting the localthumbcache. package seems to help in that case at times so you can try that.  And some mods will actually affect your save and the effects can last for a while before everything clears up.  

Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)