by unseenlarks

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive hugging

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a household for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims hug all the time
What do you expect to see? not THAT much hugging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i tried looking for this. it's very similar to the excessive water/drink mixing thing, but i didn't find a specific thread about the hugging itself.

so Sims stop whatever they're doing to hug. all the time. i am currently playing a household with six Sims, so it's okay if they hug from time to time. but they hug when they wake up. before they start chatting. when they are eating. when they're in the bathroom getting water, another one will go in there and hug them.

i had one Sim sat on her bed for one Sim hour. she gets up every 3 seconds and walks up to another one, who will then hug her. not the other way around. it's as if, when the bubble appears, they just move a little and just wait to get the hug. so the Sim i had sat on her bed got 10 hugs from different housemates, which she walked up to get. i sat her down again, she got up and walked to yet another Sim (or even the same one who had hugged her 15 seconds earlier) to be hugged. it happens with all Sims in that household, and with every other with multiple Sims living together.

(should i make another one for the endless violin playing, which can go on for 12+ Sim hours? or maybe merge excessive actions all together?) thankyou.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 65 (6,941 Views)

Re: excessive hugging.

★★ Guide

It's a feature lol. EA's an American company, and american likes X and O. XO.

Try MCCC. It allow you to disallow hugging autonomously.

Message 2 of 65 (6,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i've heard it does. i do like it when they hug on their own, though. but it's just a little too much. Tongue out

Message 3 of 65 (6,834 Views)

Hero

For the violin: Do you direct them to do it or do they do it all the time on their own like the hugging ? If they just don't stop after being directed, than I would make a thread in feedback for that. 

As for the hugging, you described the situation with the bed but do they actually interrupt other interactions to do the hugging ? I've seen this in my game a long long time ago but then it stopped and hasn't come back for me (didn't get as much play time lately though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 65 (6,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

yes, they play it on their own, so i posted it above because i felt it was an autonomous excessive action. i will try to see if they do it for as long a time when they're directed to, though, as i didn't notice how that went.

(edit: after being directed to play, they will only stop when their energy level is in the red, as in about to pass out.)

re: hugging, "when they are eating. when they're in the bathroom getting water, another one will go in there and hug them." if they're eating they will put the plate away as in, it disappears for a bit, they get the hug, and the plate reappears. same with the glass when the hugging in the bathroom. so i think it's more accurate to say that they pause actions all the time to hug, because sometimes they do resume them. when they're cooking, however, they will often not finish the recipe and simply keep chatting after they hug.

Message 5 of 65 (6,796 Views)

Hero

Guitar: And they do it all the time or is this about the not stopping (cause I don't think they do stop once started unless their needs get very low, never have). So unless it's something they do every 2 min like the drinking and possibly the hugging, I would post in feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 65 (6,774 Views)

★★ Expert

hmm. no, not all the time (not as often as the hugging/drinking, anyway). i've realised that i expected it to be like playing guitar or piano, which doesn't go on for as long a time and stops when the Sim is feeling uncomfortable.

Message 7 of 65 (6,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

They don't for you ? They never seem to stop for me either.

Anyways, I don't wanna do a collection thread for excessive stuff atm and there's stuff that can get really annoying, like the drinking and the wood working was so I guess, make a new thread for now and I'll test it, It might not bee a bug as such but if enough people complain, they might look into it.

If you want you can send me your save (upload somewhere, PM me the link) so I can see how it is in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (6,758 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Excessive hugging

EA Staff

Hi @unseenlarks

We'd like to investigate this. Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 65 (6,740 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Excessive hugging

★★ Expert

@SimGuruIcarus, my saves are here. thank you for writing.

Message 10 of 65 (6,721 Views)