by Zack4358

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive fireplace lighting

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fireplace at your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in my household suddenly drop all their actions to go to a fireplace in order to light it, even if the fireplace is already lit or even has the "Autolight" upgrade.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not try to light a fireplace which is already lit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.61.15.1020

I am not sure if this is a general issue, but for my household, the sims sometimes drop all their actions in order to light an available fireplace even if the fireplace is already lit or has the "Autolight" upgrade so the fireplace gets lit if the sim goes nearby it. If the fireplace is already lit, the sim goes toward the fireplace but drops this action if he / she stands in front of it.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 32 (4,466 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive fireplace lighting

Hero
@Zack4358 Thanks for splitting the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (4,413 Views)

Sims obsessed with lighting already lit upgraded fireplaces

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 8.03
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs Jungle Adventure Bowling Night Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade the fireplace so that whenever a sim walks into the room, it lights
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are lighting the fireplace so much so that it interferes with their other objectives
What do you expect to see? Sims lighting the fireplace occasionally and not frequently
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I upgraded the fireplace so that whenever a sim walks into the room, it lights. The Sims just think the fire is out whenever they walk out of the room so they frequently go into the room to light it again. This interferes with their other objectives which are time sensitive. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 3 of 32 (4,682 Views)

Re: Fireplace Upgrade

Hero
@GridironGuy88 Does this happen with every Sim in every household or just with certain Sims/all fireplaces ?

Do I understand this correctly that they walk up to the fireplace to lit it although it's already lit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (4,644 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I currently am only in one house right now but I have two fireplaces. Every sim spanning across generations have wanted to light that fireplace because they think it’s extinguished. I haven’t upgraded my second fireplace just for this reason.

Yes every time they walk into the room it’s lit but they always feel the need to light it again
Message 5 of 32 (4,624 Views)

Hero
@GridironGuy88 Would it be possible to add a video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (4,620 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry it didn’t turn out too bright

Message 7 of 32 (4,608 Views)

Hero
@GridironGuy88 Did you try uploading it ? You might need to add it unlisted to youtube or upload to google or one drive and put the link.

As long as one can see something on it, it's fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (4,595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve tried uploading the video several times through different mediums it’s just not letting me do it for some reason. 

The main problem is that the fireplace lights whenever a sim walks into the room and goes out whenever they walk out

Message 9 of 32 (4,571 Views)

Hero
@GridironGuy88 That's what auto-light does though. They shouldn't try to lit it on their own though cause it's already on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (4,553 Views)