Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive autonomous "troll teh forums" action

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I have this issue and it doesn't make sense given the traits involved -  it is quite noticeable in my household of twins - the twin who is highly mischievous will rarely "troll teh forums", however the other twin, who is an artist with no playful/mischievous traits, does it all the time when left to her own devices.

Message 21 of 32 (2,065 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So yeah, I don't know if this thread is still open, (2020 now EA!)  But yes, I have a sim who has the geek and good traits and with autonomy on he is many times just trolling the forums even when his social is even high! I have another sim in the same house who just has the * trait but she is just mainly playing video games, I hardly see her trolling the forums! 

Message 22 of 32 (1,722 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I know this is old, but... yes, my Sims continuously autonomously "troll teh forums," even sims with the Good trait, and even if I start a club gathering using Get Together and make "being mischievous to anyone" a banned activity.

Message 23 of 32 (1,676 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have basegame, all expansions, all gamepacks and stuffpacks except for: Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, Moschinno Stuff, Tiny Living and My First Pet.

I've had this issue with all sims, in both a modded game and mod and cc-free game. Either they have the geek trait, high programming skill or low fun/social need.

• With low fun and/or social, instead of playing a computer game, they choose to troll the forums
  • Instead of programming/practice writing/search the web/chat online, they choose to troll the forums
  • Instead of watching tv or dancing to radio, they choose to troll the forums

If I don't..

• restrict access to a computer
  • monitor every sims activity carefully
  • or turn autonomy off

Then eventually every sim will have a few Mischief points from this, and I've had one occasion where a sim made it to level 5 mischief skill all on his own from trolling the forums and then autonomously choosing mischief interactions with other members of the household, when I was taking care of other sims and ignoring this one.

I have...

• Removed mods to test
  • Repaired my game to test
  • Removed my saves/tray and deleted the sims 4 folder to generate a fresh folder

What do I expect?

I don't understand why a mischief related interaction ("Troll teh forums") is associated with the Geek trait or high programming skill. I associate mischief interactions with the Goofball, Mean and Evil trait, OR with the playful moodlet.

Message 24 of 32 (1,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice

having played with a trio of sims in university for a semester, where the Good, Outgoing Bookworm picked up the "hobby". she's on it averaging two times a day. never had any programming skill and maybe one or two mischief interactions before she started trolling, if any. resetting her mischief skill did nothing. I have disabled the interaction via mccc, but I still don't see how this could be a decent design choice and not a bug. 

Now there might be mods interfering, have not tested that yet.

Game version 1.70.84.1020

Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Catos and Doggos, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Life... whats-it-called, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Making Magic or Spells or Curses or whatever, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Vintage Glam, Bowling Stuff, Laundry Stuff

Mods: Mc command center, Mc woohoo, MizoreYukii's StandStillInCAS_OccultsOnly, roburky's MeaningfulStories, Twistedmexi's CleanUI, Turbodriver's WonderfulWhims

Message 25 of 32 (1,500 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i have a sim in my legacy family with the good trait that i also marked as hating mischief as soon as i got the notification she gained the mischief skill as a child and she maxed out her mischief skill from autonomously trolling (and then pranking her siblings bc trolling gave her a high mischief skill). this was on a microhome lot and she has the scouting aptitude trait, so her skill gain was extra boosted, but she a good sims that hates mischief

(i have seasons, parenthood, tiny living, and the free holiday pack. i have lots of build/buy and cas cc but no script mods)

Message 26 of 32 (1,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It’s now 2021 almost 2022 and the last update has kicked mischief into a new gear. Yes I have mods but none of them is causing this. It’s so overwhelming and it makes the game almost unplayable. My two sims were just standing there and buzzing each other like 20 times in a row until I finally just send them home. What the hell? My sim who hates mischief is trolling all the time autonomously. Can you drop this already? Since you are fixing things can you fix this? It’s an issue around since 2019 or even earlier and it’s actually getting worse not better. I hate sim doing mischief in like 90% of my Sims cases. This should never ever be their go to unless they have a trait for it.

Message 27 of 32 (1,269 Views)

★★ Pro
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I didn't set any negative activity in the club but my sims don't do the troll teh forum while in club gathering. I think because I set the recommend activity to 'hack' LOL.. My sims quite enjoy hacking while club gathering, so I don't see they are trolling teh forum, BUT I noticed they start doing it after finishing the club gathering.
Message 28 of 32 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ever since last update my sim keeps doing mischief and flirting and try for baby. It’s not even playable. I downloaded chingu’s traits to stop some of this like the faithful traits. Made mischief one of my Sims dislikes but they keep doing it anyway. I can’t play. I have to babysit my Sims all the time. I think it is scenarios that caused it. My plan is to finish the one going and never ever use one again. Thanks for the update

@crinrictIf it’s a design choice it’s a poor one. Mischief should not be used unless a sim has a specific trait for it. For me it’s my number one most hated sim autonomous action. I hate all mischief action unless I play a sim with goofball trait. Otherwise EA please make them stop along with excessive flirting and trying for baby. It’s now out of control. And have sim finish tasks. Autonomy should be at the top of laundry list.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 29 of 32 (1,229 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

My sims hate mischief, yet they still developed the skill to the max lv before the introduction of likes/dislikes. If they have nothing else to do (eat, wash, use the toilet, etc.) the first thing they think about is logging onto a computer or tablet and trolling the forums. This bug is directly related to this one:

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief 

In my specific case, one of the two Sims has the Moderator trait (obtained as an reward), so the choice should be "moderate the forums" not "troll the forums."

Message 30 of 32 (954 Views)