Re: Sims will Troll teh Forums autonomously (probably caused by Geek trait)

by canelacaliente

Original Post

[OPEN] Excessive autonomous "troll teh forums" action

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a household with a computer
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will autonomously "troll teh forums". a lot.
What do you expect to see? this action not happening so often.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims will choose to interact with the computer, most of the time, by "trolling teh forums". this isn't related to low fun/traits/lack of objects to interact with, as far as i can see.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 7 of 32 (10,703 Views)

Sims will Troll teh Forums autonomously (probably caused by Geek trait)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I made a thread on The Sims' Forums where Sims, even with the Good trait, will always Troll autonomously. I'm believing that the Geek trait causes Sims to Troll autonomously because Jennifer has the Geek trait as seen in this screenshot. Only she does it while the others do not. I'm not sure if it's a bug but I'm reporting this just in case, it has been occurring since 2014 possibly since the Pools Update.

I know it makes sense for Evil Sims to Troll autonomously but I find it inappropriate for Good Sims to Troll the Forums. I don't think that there is a mod to prevent Trolling but I know there might be a mod to disable auto Computer use.

Message 1 of 32 (11,147 Views)

Re: Sims will Troll teh Forums autonomously even with Good trait

Hero

Really unsure if this is a bug or a design choice.

Let me see if I can find out more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (11,130 Views)

Re: Sims will Troll teh Forums autonomously even with Good trait

★ Guide

I'm really unsure if this is a bug. I think it be the Geek trait plus low Social and Fun that might lead to Sims wanting to Troll, only Jennifer does it. This still remains in version 1.9.

Message 3 of 32 (11,058 Views)

★★★ Pro

No matter what traits my Sims have, they all troll teh fourms autonomously.

Message 4 of 32 (11,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

same, after all this time.

Message 5 of 32 (10,628 Views)

Hero

It would be good if you bump old open thread that aren't using the bug template, that you could make a new one and refer to the old so I can merge the old into the new.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (10,615 Views)

★★ Expert

hello! how are you doing? i hope you're having a lovely weekend!

i do have to remember to read the whole thing instead of assuming threads are using the current template...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/excessive-autonomous-quot-troll-teh-forums-quot-action/m-p/649...

thank you very much for your reply!

Message 8 of 32 (10,600 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

merged threads. Still unsure though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (10,587 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Excessive autonomous "troll teh forums" action

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @canelacaliente @canelacaliente @GothicSimmer

We are having trouble trying to reproduce your issue so, would any of you be willing to send us the save file where you are experiencing this issue?.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!.

Message 10 of 32 (10,450 Views)