by RenOSimslife

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Error Message on trying to follow user in Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions *Island Living *Get Famous *Seasons *Cats&Dogs *City Living *Get together *Get to Work Gamepacks *Dine Out *Realm of Magic *Spa Day *Jungle Adventure *Vampires *Parenthood Stuff Packs *Moschino *Laundry Day *Kids Room *Movie Hangout *Vintage Glamour *Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? *Launch sims 4 *Click open the gallery or Press F4 *Click Gallery, Type in " thelastwhale " on search under EA account ID category. *Then click follow, but it will give a pop up error.
What happens when the bug occurs? It wont let the person Follow thelastwhale's account.
What do you expect to see? the error should never occur in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Privacy setting is set to Everyone.

I also did Reinstalled the game, and origin twice this month already.

Message 15 of 21 (1,012 Views)

Sims 4 gallery following error

★★★★★ Novice

What causes this error and how to fix this?

Message 1 of 21 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sims 4 gallery following error

Champion

@RenOSimslife I'd assume it could be any number of reasons with that error. Please try again in a new tab, after clearing cache, or in a new browser if this error is in the browser. If it's in the game you can try to exit the area and re-enter and try again, or close and re-open the game and try again. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 21 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SheriGRMy friend was trying to follow me on sims 4 gallery but she said she cannot because of that error. no woder why i don't have followers in sims 4. I also tried to change my privacy settings but the problem still occur

Message 3 of 21 (1,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RenOSimslife Thank you for the additional information. So far this is what we've found:

• @EuphorialQueen and I both have 'followed' you in the browser and we both did not get an error message there, and all appeared as if we had followed you... However... After doing this if we check in-game in your gallery/profile you still have no followers.
  • When I look you up in-game and click the 'follow' button I also get that error.

We're inclined to encourage you to open a Bug Report. After you have opened your bug report please tag me here so I know, can 'me too' the Bug Report, and can then inquire as to whether this post should just be merged into that Bug Report or whether I should just add my information to it also.

Please create your bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & run updates immediately. I don’t work for EA.

Message 4 of 21 (1,089 Views)

Community Manager
Hiya @RenOSimslife,

This is really strange. Are you and the person who's trying to follow you friends on Origin?

Can you try becoming friends on Origin if not and then attempting this again?
EACade
Message 5 of 21 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Cade Okay... I just sent @RenOSimslife a friend request. Please let me know here once the request is accepted and I will try again.

Message 6 of 21 (1,065 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Cade 
@RenOSimslife 
I did the same and will try to follow once accepted.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 21 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade yes we are friends on origin and that is why we figured out the error. We just really don't know what is causing it. there was also a stranger who attempted to follow me on sims 4 gallery he/she thought she/he had her/his following maxed already so she/he tried to delete some people she/he following just to follow me but the error is still there.
Message 8 of 21 (1,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Is bug report same like this thread? and all I need to do is to redo these stuffs on the bug Forum? am I understanding it correctly?
Message 9 of 21 (1,026 Views)