Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Error 102:70c7f9a6

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? version: 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except for vampires, moschino stuff, my first pet stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, spooky stuff, perfect patio stuff, and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, not many other people are experiencing not being able to play at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to play as ANY sim in ANY world, and I click on the household, it brings me to the loading screen and then comes up with an error: 102:70c7f9a6:b7b263b0. Then, whatever lot or household I tried to click on (where my sim would be) would have a warning sign on it instead of the normal icon and would say (the bar for example) bar-incomplete. So I can literally not play the sims at all because I cannot access my sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click on a household, and be able to play as that household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got university living, and I removed all of my cc. ‌

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? version: 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except for vampires, moschino stuff, my first pet stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, spooky stuff, perfect patio stuff, and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, not many other people are experiencing not being able to play at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to play as ANY sim in ANY world, and I click on the household, it brings me to the loading screen and then comes up with an error: 102:70c7f9a6:b7b263b0. Then, whatever lot or household I tried to click on (where my sim would be) would have a warning sign on it instead of the normal icon and would say (the bar for example) bar-incomplete. So I can literally not play the sims at all because I cannot access my sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click on a household, and be able to play as that household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got university living, and I removed all of my cc. ‌

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.25.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.27.07 AM.png

Message 1 of 15 (3,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Error 102:70c7f9a6

Hero

Fixed an issue where Error code 102:70c7f9a6 would occur when loading into Lots after loading a saved game.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (3,684 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT] Error 102:70c7f9a6

★ Novice

I have pretty much the same problem: I got Discover University and was playing for a few hours when suddenly the error mentioned above appeared. First I got a 122:XXXsomething error, the 2nd time it was 102:XXX. All of a sudden I was unable to enter any household and build mode.

-> I own everything except for Strangerville, the latest pack I got was DU + well, the latest patch of course. I've never used any mods and only own 3 CC hairstyles which aren't the reason for this bug (I tested this with another save file).

Right before the error appeared I was renovating some of my buildings as well as updating my existing Sims in CAS (I have to mention that I either replaced or renovated every single lot existing, same goes for all the premade households and townies - but without any CC. I have around 200 sims in my game with many relationships, be it family, friendship or love, going on between them).
Then I wanted to start renovating the dorm in Britechester so I used enablefreebuild (in world view) and wanted to enter build mode - but the error appeared and I was brought back to the world overview, just as in the pictures posted above!

I tried to enter another building but the exact same thing happened. Same goes for all of my households. I was unable to enter anything and the 'incomplete' symbol appeared everywhere I tried. After a while, there were 'incomplete' symbols all over the place and I didn't know what to do at all.

When I tried to enter an exact copy of this save file the same error appeared.
I basically couldn't play anymore at all and there was nothing I could do with this save file anymore.

_

I opened a save file from a few days earlier (just an earlier version of the broken one, everything except the DU-content was the same in this one) the error didn't appear anymore which means that it can't be my only 3 CC hairstyles nor any of my buildings or sims (at that state) that were part of my game before DU (at least that's my guess?!).

_

What did I do right after getting DU when my save file was still working? Well, I enrolled some of my own sims into university, made some of my sims move into Foxbury and Britechester's dorms. I kicked out all the premade students that were already living in the dorms, I also deleted most of the premades that came with the pack and changed the ones I kept in CAS.
Most of the ~200 sims I created including the students living in the dorm where the error appeared for the very first time were tagged as 'unplayed' (for more realistic gameplay and so that they would get NPC jobs as well).

_

I have absolutely no idea what the reason for this error could be.
Could it be connected to me deleting all the DU premades / using cheats to quickly enroll my own sims in university / replacing the premades in the dorms with my own students and tagging them as unplayed? Or the cheat enablefreebuild? Could there be any broken relationships that have caused the error?

There is absolutely nothing I can do with this save file at the moment, so it's basically ruined.

Message 2 of 15 (3,511 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. I still have pretty much all the original lots in the neighborhood (renovated the house my Sim is in, but that's it). I have all packs and expansions, except Pet Stuff, and no downloaded CC or Mods.

Message 3 of 15 (3,481 Views)

Hero
@debann84 Could you upload your save somewhere and PM me the link ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,464 Views)

Hero
@debann84 Are you sure that's the error you got ? I'm getting this error on your save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-4e6f578f-Corrupted/td-p/842...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (3,441 Views)

★★ Novice

I've gotten both. But I do think, after I posted in here, it was only the other one coming up. 

Message 6 of 15 (3,439 Views)

Hero
@debann84 OK, that's interesting to know. Maybe the two are connected.

Do you have backups from before it happened ?

The solution in the other thread should help you, It's not every household like it is for the others in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (3,426 Views)

★★ Novice

Nah, it was a new save just to try out University. I'll make sure to back-up any other saves before playing though in case this happens again. Thank you. 

Message 8 of 15 (3,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I got more or less the same problem. I've been playing for hours to customize my places in Britechester (already got one bug and loose everything once) but yersterday afternoon I got the 102:70c7f9a6:b7b263b0 error (and another one nearly similar) when I wanted to play with one of my household. I tried everything and it looks like one of my backup is corrupted but I really don't know how or why ?? 

Now I just want to save my buildings and make a new save but I can't access it. Is there any other way to keep playing or at least save my buildings? I am just so exhausted of all that bugs and problems of savings with the Sims :-( 

Many thanks everyone! 

Message 9 of 15 (3,383 Views)

Hero
@mathilde_smln Was that the other error you got: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-4e6f578f-Corrupted/td-p/84... ? If so, could you try the workaround from that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (3,359 Views)