by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[OPEN] Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living. Dine Out, Jungle Adventure.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I failed on disarming a trap in a Jungle Adventure Temple which increased my Fitness skill but took away some of my Energy.
What happens when the bug occurs? It removed some of my energy and after that point it kept on decreasing my energy level even though I have the Never Weary trait.
What do you expect to see? I expected it to do the same as the first time i tried this, remove a portion of my energy but stop decaying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, my problem is that I am suddenly experiencing energy decay again even though I have the never weary trait.

The issue began after failing on disarming a trap in a Jungle Adventure Temple.

This isn't even the first time I failed on a trap and it removed some energy, but the first time it didn't continue to decay but the second time it does.

I have tried to correct the issue by going to sleep and getting my energy back up to 100% but to no avail.

I have not been cursed and I've tried to let some days pass but my energy is decaying as if I never had the trait to begin with.

Is there any way to help me with my issue?

Cheers, Philip.

Message 1 of 35 (11,269 Views)

Re: Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

EA Staff

Hi @Vruum

Thank you for your report. We will investigate this at our end.

Happy Simming! Standard smile

Message 2 of 35 (11,175 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hi @Vruum

We were not able to repro your issue:

Would you be willing to send the save file where you are encountering this issue?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 35 (10,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I have uploaded the files from my "Saves" folder to Google Drive and pasted the link here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12mVRV2WFPv9njxTHL8SaJGacsMTRoPMi?usp=sharing

Message 4 of 35 (10,979 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as needs input to see if anyone else has this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (10,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello there,

I've got the same issue. AFAIK it always happened after I visited the lounge in the noble disctrint which is part of the city living addon. It starts decaying as the user above described.

In order to fix this problem I have tried a mod that fixes a "never weary" bug:

<remvoed mod link. Please don't link mods at AHQ as it's against the TOS. Only name them>

It has stopped the bug succesfully but after going on another date with the "Serial Romantic" aspiration active it started bugging once again.

Is there any useful solution to this? Because spending 10k points without any real use is pretty disappointing.

EDIT: It's starting to fall immediately after returning from a date at the star lounge.

Greetings

Message 6 of 35 (10,795 Views)

Hero

Hi @mc-murphy00

do you still have a save this is happening on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (10,771 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just experienced the same issue myself. I’m on Mac and don’t have any mods installed. My sim wasn’t doing anything different, hadn’t left the house and out of no where I just noticed her energy had gone down a bit I thought it might just be done she’d worn herself out doing yoga or something but then it kept going down. Had her go to sleep to see if it would keep going down after that and it did so I closed the game and installed todays update then restarted which seems to have fixed the issue for now at least.

Thanks,

Angel

Message 8 of 35 (10,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has just started happening for me too! It started when my sim ate a grilled cheese sandwich in space (lol)

its been over a year since this was first posted, is there any solution yet?

Message 9 of 35 (9,467 Views)

Hero
@peafrogsims Would you be willing to share your save as asked above: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Energy-decay-despite-Never-Weary-Trait/m-p/6807634...

Please PM SimGuruKuxiku with the link as Icarus is no longer working for SimsQA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (9,426 Views)