by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Endless Workout Session If Build Mode Is Entered

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim use a treadmill, enter and exit build mode, see for how long the Sim keeps working out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon exiting build mode, the game has forgotten that the Sim is exercising, and the Sim won't stop until one or more needs become very low (in the orange or even red). This also means that the Sim does not receive the good workout moodlet.
What do you expect to see? Each workout type has a specific duration with endurance run being the most time consuming. I expect no change in these times even if I enter build mode during a workout. I expect to see my Sim reach the end of the workout session and get the good workout moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Like any other bug, this one is annoying. It has been around for as long as I can remember. I don't know for sure if it affects other types of workout equipment besides the treadmill. My Sim just ran non-stop for at least 6 Sim hours straight.

Message 1 of 9 (996 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Endless Workout Session If Build Mode Is Entered

Hero
added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (951 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Endless Workout Session If Build Mode Is Entered

★★ Apprentice

Also had this happen upon loading a household, when a sim was previously working out, on the threadmill, boxing bag and weight lifting system.

Message 3 of 9 (917 Views)

Workout bug after 2/2/2021 update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, get famous, seasons, city living, get to work, parenthood, dine out, spa day, laundry day, toddler, kids room, spooky, cool kitchen, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims go to workout on treadmill and won’t stop unless I cancel it. Then, there is no workout moodlet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims keep running, do not get tired, there’s no green circle around the action that serves as a timer, and the sims don’t stop unless I cancel the action. When I cancel the action, there’s no workout moodlet
What do you expect to see? While sims are working out, thee is a green circle serving as the timer so that the sims stop on their own, and when they’re done, they have a workout moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The game automatically updated 2/2/2021 when I launched the game

this is a brand new save game I created 2/2/2021 after my game automatically updated. I have downloaded anything from the gallery in this game. I’ve also never dealt with this issue. I tried repair game and making a new sims 4 folder, no changes. If I tell the sim to workout, they will workout continuously for hours without getting fatigued or getting some other workout moodlet. 

Message 4 of 9 (906 Views)

Re: Workout bug after 2/2/2021 update

Hero
@minibrownsuga I also have no timer but they do get tired and stop after awhile though. It does take quite long though.

Are you staying on the lot and not switch to build mode the whole time ? There's this older bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Endless-Workout-Session-If-Build-Mode-Is-Entered... .. don't know if that's still an issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (869 Views)

★ Novice

It could be a build mode bug; I went into build mode immediately after the starting the game. I can start a new game and see. 

Message 6 of 9 (814 Views)

Hero
@minibrownsuga It should work if you just try the current game and not switch lot or do anything while they're working out.

I'll merge this thread if it works if you don't do anything (I don't have a timer either but they stop after a while)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (791 Views)

Hero
@minibrownsuga Did you get a chance to check if it's related to switching to build mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (730 Views)

Hero
@minibrownsuga Going to merge your thread.

Let me know if you have the issue without going to build mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (675 Views)