by unseenlarks

Original Post

[OPEN] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? be asked on a date.
What happens when the bug occurs? the date location is an empty (residential) lot.
What do you expect to see? the date taking place at a venue/community lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i've had this happen twice today. can't see if it happens again until my Sim is asked on another date, but i'm just asking here because i found it strange.

basically the "do you want to go on a date?" phone call happens, and an empty residential lot is chosen as the location. this was a lot that was originally marked as residential and was never any other type of venue/etc. i can't remember if the other lot was, but it was empty as well, save for the mailbox.

both situations happened in Newcrest. anybody seen this? does it make sense? thank you.

Message 1 of 26 (2,962 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

Hero

One of these that are hard to test currently but I'll see if we get other reports.

Sounds definitively off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (2,901 Views)

Re: Empty (residential) lot as location for date

Hero

Going to give this a bump so it doesn't get lost

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 26 (2,874 Views)

★★ Expert

thank you. i haven't had time to sit down and try to get it happen again.

Message 4 of 26 (2,865 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had a v similar thing where my sim phoned for a social event and one of the location options was an empty residential lot.  Unfortunately I can't now remember which one but either Summer Home in Windenburg or one of the Newcrest lots, sim is living in Willow Creek.

PC version

All ep and gp except c&d

Kids room, backyard and romantic garden sp

Mods/CC disabled

eta I've just tested and it's The Summer Home comming up as a generic lot.  Photo attached

Message 5 of 26 (2,850 Views)

Hero

So maybe it's an issue of generic lots being included (which might be by design cause of the change they made).

@unseenlarks do you remember which lot it was and if it maybe was generic ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (2,840 Views)

★★ Expert

i don't remember which lots, but both were residential and empty.

Message 7 of 26 (2,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i seem to recall a related (or maybe part of the same) bug: Sims are invited to lots that don't meet the requirements for different kinds of events--not just dates. i might have read about it at TS4 forums, but can't find anything now. anyone remember what event(s)?

Message 8 of 26 (2,809 Views)

Hero

Hi @unseenlarks

not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (2,778 Views)

★★ Expert

i don't know how to explain it better. i can't recall the details, sadly (i believe it was parties on empty lots?) but it might be related to what happens with dates. it was... sort of similar to this one? although that didn't seem to qualify as a bug. the one i meant referred to an empty lot, not even means to make food, iirc.

so i'm still trying to find that more specific one and to duplicate the date situation. -_-

Message 10 of 26 (2,768 Views)