Re: [OPEN] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

To add to what @crysonna said, it doesn't happen with dates only.
In my case, if my sim feels energized and sends a message about it to a friend, the friend replies with a "let's go to the gym together", and the place selected is a residential lot (it doesn't matter wheter it's empty or not) where there USED to be a gym. This was in Newcrest.

I'm guessing as with gyms, it happens with any type of lot that has been modified or replaced as it originally came from. Despite being marked as residential now or whatever else, the sims continue to pick them based on what they had been previously.

EDIT: it happened again today. One of my sim's friend just wanted to hangout, and sent a message. The place selected was a currently empty residential lot which had been previously a community pool lot. This was in Newcrest too.

EDIT2: it happened again. My sim was energized, sent a message, and the place selected was a bar that used to be a gym. This was in Oasis Springs.

Message 21 of 26 (1,084 Views)

★ Guide

Hello!

I have the same problem but my problem is that residential lots who are changed to community lots are still treated as residential lots. I already have seen a couple of people with the same problem and it's really annoying.

Message 22 of 26 (1,023 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar situation happening in my game with a lot that is currently an empty lot designated as residential, but previously had a restaurant on it. The lot in question is Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs. My Sims keep getting phone calls to go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner at this lot, but it's not a restaurant anymore. I started a thread about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Phantom-Restaurant-Invitations/td-p/7712797/highlight/fal... with all the details and was directed to this thread by @SheriGR I would be willing to send a copy of that save file if needed. I hope the problem can be resolved soon. Thanks!

*Notes - I do not have any mods or CC and never have had any in my game, completely vanilla. I have all packs except Get Famous, Bowling, Kids Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness and MFP. My computer is a gaming desktop and I play in Ultra. Can give complete specs if needed as well.

Message 23 of 26 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: Okay, now my Sim is getting asked out on dates by a guy she met at the Romance Festival to an unoccupied house in Windenburg, Haversham House. I thought I had fixed the problem by placing a Sim in the Vista Quarry house. She stopped getting breakfast, lunch, dinner invitations to go there and got a date request for the Blue Velvet Nightclub, which although it was 11:30 a.m., is somewhat appropriate. Yay! BUT, after my Sim turned that down, 10 minutes later she got the Haversham House date request. Darn it all...

I'm going to just stop trying to fix this on my own since it's obviously some kind of major bug in the game itself and not just a leftover piece of code from something I did like I thought perhaps it could be. I guess I'm going to just have to wait and hope they can find and fix whatever is causing this problem. *sigh*

Message 24 of 26 (923 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a similar issue with a pre-made club in Windenburg that I have tried to destroy multiple times.  I've fully bulldozed the lot changed it to residential moved in sims ect.. but there are issues with the lights working at the home (I have to use auto lights as turning them on and off doesn't work).  Additionally, when other sims are called to hang out at a club they often end up on that lot rather than one of the other club lots in the hood.  

Lot destroyed Windenburg  - The Narwhal Arms - (premade get together social club that was connected to this location has also been disbanded.

Message 25 of 26 (897 Views)

★ Novice

This happened twice in my game. Friend calls, let's go to the bar. Everyone shows up at an empty residential house in Willow Creek. It may have been a bar at one time. The next time friend says let's meet at a restaurant. They are sent to an empty house in Newcrest and this lot was never a restaurant. I recently installed Strangerville and Kid's Room. I wasn't playing much recently so I can't pin it down to a new pack versus the latest update.

Message 26 of 26 (842 Views)