Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Empty interaction in toddler pie menu

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler in your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a useless interaction in the social menu.
What do you expect to see? This interaction should not be there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Message 1 of 9 (1,021 Views)

Re: Useless interaction

Hero
@Zack4358 Does it do anything if you click on it ? Does it appear with all toddlers or only certain ones ?

Tried different toddlers in my game and don't have an empty one like that

Is this the only empty interaction you get ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,004 Views)

★ Guide

This interaction does nothing if you click on it.

It happened on several toddlers I had in my household before.

This "empty" interaction also occurs on adults sometimes.

Message 3 of 9 (994 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Could you check the traits on the toddlers that have it ? Anything in common ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (987 Views)

★ Guide

No, one toddler was Fussy, two were Inquisitive and another toddler was Independent.

Message 5 of 9 (985 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Is it reproducible on those toddlers ? Could you maybe upload the family to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (980 Views)

★ Guide

I can upload the family to the gallery, but the toddlers are no toddlers anymore.

They had these traits when they were toddlers.

Message 7 of 9 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zack4358 If it's that many different ones, it's probably not related to the traits. That was just a guess.

Would be good if you had a family/save where it still reproducibly shows up every time you click on the Sim.

Could be anything really so it would be good to know under what circumstances it shows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (970 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It may be the game waiting for the parent/caregiver Sim to pick up the toddler and then set them down. This interaction can occur in the strangest of situations like a toddler may climb up onto a couch then wave for a caregiver to lift them back down. This 'action' holds up everything else the player has directed their Sims to do and can appear as a blank action in the queue.
Message 9 of 9 (932 Views)