by R13n3

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Employees Can't Enter Locked Doors at Restaurant

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a restaurant, lock the kitchen door for everyone but employees. Visit the lot either with another family or sell the lot and visit as the previous owner.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game spawns new or extra employees to work at the restaurant but they can't enter the locked door to get into the kitchen.
What do you expect to see? Game spawned employees to be able to enter a door locked for everyone but employees.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The employees the owner sim hired can enter the doors just fine, but any game spawned employees give a pathing error and won't enter the kitchen. This includes the chef and additional wait staff. 

Being able to lock doors to the kitchen keeps the patrons from roaming through the kitchen and using facilities or making their own drinks, but it apparently also bars new employees from doing their jobs.

Message 1 of 8 (1,896 Views)

Re: [PS4] Employees Can't Enter Locked Doors at Restaurant

Community Manager (retired)

@PoptartJuniper We're having trouble reproducing this one, could you possibly share a save file? Thanks so much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 8 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have the same thing happen in the PC version. Sometimes when arriving at a player owned restaurant (as a diner, not the sims who own the restaurant), where I locked some doors for employees only, the chef might randomly spawn in on the sidewalk outside, instead of spawning in already inside the kitchen.

In that circumstance, where they arrived on the sidewalk, they just stay out there if it's the kitchen doors locked for employees only. Chefs don't seem to have "employee" status or permission when they are in an "arriving" state and haven't started their work role by reaching the stove yet. The other employees such as the host and the waiters have no trouble walking through the doors, but the chef is stuck until I create them a path like going into build mode with cheats and sticking in a new door.

It's not a thing that happens 100% of the time though, usually the restaurant staff will spawn in already inside the restaurant, so it's hard to reproduce.

Message 3 of 8 (1,809 Views)

Hero
Sounds like a similar issue like the nanny has: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Nanny-can-t-enter-a-locked-home-with-quot-allow/m-...

I don't think we hve a thread for PC for this and as it's happening on both, I'm going to change this non-console

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,795 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick The employee's always spawn on the sidewalk and then walk into the restaurant. The employees that were hired by the owner are fine but any the game spawn stay standing on the sidewalk or hang outside the locked door. The servers will go to tables to take orders but then give a no path bubble when it's time to go to the kitchen. I have already shared the save this was happening on, but have since moved the restaurant to Magnolia Promenade, which cleared the locked doors.

Message 5 of 8 (1,782 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I guess this also includes Patchy. If I lock doors for everyone but the household, Patchy can't enter or leave. Troublesome for trying to keep out uninvited garage sale shoppers if I have to leave doors unlocked for poor Patchy. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,763 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Employees Can't Enter Locked Doors at Restaurant

Hero
Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,689 Views)

Employees unable to enter locked doors in restaurants

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them excluding The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a restaurant and set the employee-only areas to "Lock Door For... Everyone But Employees". Waiters and chefs are able to travel through. Then visit the lot with another household and waiters and chefs are suddenly no longer able to enter these doors.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims bought a restaurant and I hoped to limit customers from walking through employee-only areas by setting the door locks to "Lock Door For... Everyone But Employees". This works fine when I'm playing with the household that owns the restaurant, but as soon as I visit the lot with another family, waiters and chefs are no longer able to get through the locked doors to their stations, and thus the venue cannot function properly.
What do you expect to see? Waiters and chefs should still be able to enter doors set to "Lock Door For... Everyone But Employees" in restaurants even when playing with another household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As seen in the photo provided, the host can still access her station because the room isn't locked. Sadly, the chefs are stuck at the entrance and can't get through the doors set to "Lock Door For... Everyone But Employees".

Message 8 of 8 (1,129 Views)