by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Emotion Potion Moods don't Persist through Load Screen

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim drink a reward store potion then either save and log off the game or travel to another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The emotional effect of the potion does not persist through a reload or travel load screen.
What do you expect to see? The emotional buff from the purchased potions lasting through a loading screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't really used a lot of these potions before patch 1.20, so I can't say if it happened before that. It does happen after patches 1.20 and 1.21

Message 1 of 3 (725 Views)

Re: Reward Store Emotion Potion Moods don't Persist through a Load Screen

Hero (Retired)

I can verify this also happens on PC version 1.60.54.1020. It did not happen in previous versions. Base Game no mods/cc-never used.

In previous versions you could have a sim drink an emotional reward potion, like the inspired potion, gain the 3 hour, +100 emotion moodlet, then save and close the game. When loading the saved game, the moodlet would still be there. Now, the moodlet disappears on save and you've wasted the reward points on the potion.

Message 2 of 3 (705 Views)

Re: Reward Store Emotion Potion Moods don't Persist through a Load Screen

Hero

@PoptartJuniper @BlackjackWidow   This seems to happens with the emotion tree berries and the potions you get in the mail if you are a celebrity with that perk (Sorry, can't think oft he name for them atm ) too.   All of them are time limited so to speak in how they work.

Message 3 of 3 (675 Views)