Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Earrings and Rings have Fewer Filters in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Digital Deluxe, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Soccer ball Go into CAS Football Click on the Sim's head for upper Accessories, and/or body for lower Accessories. Basketball Click on Earrings (head) and/or Rings (body).
What happens when the bug occurs? Earrings and Rings have fewer filters to choose from than other items, as far as I know.
What do you expect to see? The same categories as other items, as far as I know.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I discovered this issue yesterday (which is similar to the report about it on the console version). At first I thought it was CC-related, but I just tested in a mod and CC-free save (based on Tekniah's World of WIPs from Mod The Sims), and was able to duplicate it.

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-31-55]).png

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-31-59]).png

^- Filters for head Accessories in general.

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-32-38]).png

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-32-41]).png

^- Filters for just Earrings.

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-34-27]).pngGreenshot-(03-05-2020[11-34-33]).png

^- Filters for body Accessories in general.

Greenshot-(03-05-2020[11-34-43]).pngGreenshot-(03-05-2020[11-34-46]).png

^ - Filters for just finger Rings.

This bug equally affects humans, aliens, vampires, mermaids, and presumably spellcasters (I don't have Realm of Magic as of this writing), including alternate forms. I didn't test ages, but I was able to duplicate this on a human teen in my main save yesterday, so I'm assuming this has no bearing on the glitch, either. (If I'm wrong on that, though, let me know!)

Anyway, since you can indirectly access all the filters for earrings and finger rings if you just click Accessories in general, there's already a workaround for this, at least! Large smile

Message 1 of 1 (86 Views)