by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Unable to grow meat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buy a vertical planter, get a sim to design guru in the green technician branch of the civil designer career, click on any vertical planter and select "Grow Cruelty Free Meat"
What happens when the bug occurs? the two planters disappear but no meat will appear, not even the thing the meat is supposed to grow on!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the vertical planter change so I can properly grow meat!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can also see the bug, where the plants revert to crops after harvesting on the screenshot -.-

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,339 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Unable to grow meat | Eco Lifestyle

★★★★ Expert

@klaranella  Would you say it is like this?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/td-...

I Me Too'd that thread when my plants behaved as yours (not meat).

Message 2 of 3 (1,265 Views)

Re: Unable to grow meat | Eco Lifestyle

Hero (Retired)

I have this same issue with my level 10 Civil Designer in the Green Technician branch. The option to "Grow Cruelty Free Meat" just changes the visual on the vertical planter, but your sim is unable to do anything with it. I've not tested it thoroughly enough yet to know if being in the other branch or at a lower level in the career is affected. 

*Possible Workaround*  I was able to get it to work by changing it back to the vertical planter & planting harvestables in the planter. I watered them, then chose to "Grow Cruelty Free Meat" again and the meat panel appeared. It appears to be working correctly from there. 

@klaranella - does the above work for you?

Your other issue appears to be the same as the bug report suggested by @DonroaAkashu 

Message 3 of 3 (1,218 Views)