by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Sims constantly taking pictures

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. No cc. No mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game, gets worse when you go to a restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stop whatever they are doing to take pictures. They aren’t taking the picture with anyone else. Just taking random pictures of things. It was annoying in general because sims just kept doing it but then when I took a group of sims to a restaurant for dinner, nobody would remain seated and all they did the entire dinner was take pictures at random.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims sitting and eating their meals or going through daily life without taking pictures constantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims are not eating their entire meals, especially at restaurants. Even just at home, they will not eat all of their food, guests never eat all of their food either. They take one bite and that’s it. 

sims are taking pictures all the time. 

sims won’t sit down at restaurant, instead they stand up and take pictures. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 10 (2,264 Views)

Re: Sims constantly taking pictures

★ Guide

I’ve noticed this too. My serial romance sim has trouble fulfilling date goals at times because his dates decide taking random photos is more important than making out on the couch.

Message 2 of 10 (2,241 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Lyndie5708 Do you have Promote Creative Arts NAP active in the neighborhood ?

That NAP will do this for you.

It's possible that the Sims also have the commodity stuck on the Sims as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-sav...

Or it can also happen with celebrities. Do you have those on the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,181 Views)

Hero
@Lyndie5708 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,109 Views)

★ Guide

I'm playing in a vanilla save right now and have seen this. The household I'm in does not have the creative arts NAP. They currently have free love and performing arts. One member of this household is a celebrity, but even he stops what he's doing to take pictures. I've had other celebrities do it too. I think that commodities thing you mentioned holds a lot of water!

Message 5 of 10 (2,082 Views)

Hero
@Jes2G Did you check the Sims if they have the stuck commodities or not ?

Especially in existing saves, they are still stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,048 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had this issue before disabling the pack ( too many bugs) and mine happened before I had any NAPs, and when I did have any none were related to Arts NAP. It seems as tho any NAPs are being badly overdone by all Sims, even if your neighborhood was the only one with any ( turned off voting) not sure if this helps. Thank you! Oh and I had taken my mods and CC

Message 7 of 10 (1,971 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Sims constantly taking pictures

★★★ Guide

I've noticed this issue seems to be fashion career related actions. They are taking photos as if capturing inspiration. They are also constantly whipping out the drawing tablets too. I even have NPC children pulling out the tablets and drawing on them. See attached. I didn't get it in screenshot but the alien father was just snapping photos before the child glitched out.

Message 8 of 10 (1,948 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (1,862 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this ? This was never fully determined to be NAP so it would be good to has some feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,801 Views)