[FIXED] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

by idahpews

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them besides the spooky stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly, as if my sim have the kleptomania trait (which she don't). It's a new save file, and I moved my sim into the new shipping lot from the eco lifestyle expansion pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sound from the swipe and a pop-up saying she managed to swipe the item without drawing attention to herself, while the item is gone and not to be found in her personal inventory or the household one.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to not happen as my sim does not have the klepto trait, and even if she did she shouldn't be swiping her own stuff as it's forcing me to buy them again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't actually played in a while but the most recent update is installing the new expansion pack Eco lifestyle. Whether or not it's a previous patch or this one in particular that's causing it is still uncertain due to me not playing in any of the most recent patch updates.

Basically, I installed the new expansion pack Eco Lifestyle. Created a completely new game with a new sim and moved her into the new shipping container lot, I gave her the recycle, maker and green fiend traits. I started playing as normal and a in-game week or so into the game I suddenly got the pop-up saying she swiped an item successfully. I didn't at the time notice what item she actually took, but a few days later she swiped the trash can (while I had set her to do things, so it wasn't even free will?). She's acting as if she's got the klepto trait, while also stealing her own stuff. It doesn't really make any sense and it's getting annoying having to rebuy the items she's swiping, especially when funds are already low being this early into the game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 168 (22,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

Hero

Recycle Disciple Sims without the Kleptomaniac Trait now swipe household objects less often. We get it, we are all trying to do our best for the environment, but going after your Dumpster was a bit too far… we kinda need that.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 168 of 168 (6,489 Views)

All Replies

Items vanishing on lot in eco lifestyle

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 9 expansions Dine out Parenthood Tiny living Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco lifestyle objects disappearing on lot. My dumpster , trash can and sofa vanished the dumpster disappeared twice now
What happens when the bug occurs? I’m purchasing the dumpster and bins and sofas and all of a sudden after a while they vanish and disappear and I have to rebuy them again. I’m playing in the shipping lot in evergreen harbour.
What do you expect to see? I expect my items to stay on the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It’s a new expansion so I guess maybe why

I’m playing the new eco lifestyle on the shipping lot and I’ve purchased the new dumpster and trash can and sofa and they all disappear. The dumpster has disappeared twice now. Just vanishes into thin air. 

Message 1 of 168 (22,435 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The dumpster item has vanished 3 times now ..

Message 2 of 168 (22,420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this too. Whenever I go through a loading screen random items are moved to my family inventory. So far it's affected items from numerous different packs, so I can't put together a pattern. It's moved sinks, planters, plants, televisions, computers, chairs. It's even started to move 'off the lot' objects, like the diving area buoy's in Sulani, but in those cases the item is just gone. 

Message 3 of 168 (22,372 Views)

Re: Sim swiping own household objects without klepto trait

★★ Apprentice
@idahpews This happens if they have the recycle trait and have not recycled anything in a little while. I had one try to steal the trash can.
Message 5 of 168 (22,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Fixed mine, was a Solar Panel CC item mod causing it.

Message 6 of 168 (22,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here

Message 7 of 168 (22,351 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same, sims without klepto trait, stealing everything from any type of lot, when visiting neighbor residential lots too. Adult and child sims. They steal everything, every time.

Message 8 of 168 (22,315 Views)

Hero
@SeanBobbyG Could you try repairing your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 168 (22,307 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm seeing the same issue with a sofa disappearing.

I'm playing on a small lot in Newcrest, with all of the packs. My Sim does not have the kleptomaniac trait, nor is the NAP about sharing in place. Every now and again, I get an alert that she has successfully swiped something without being noticed, and then the sofa (from the flea market in City Living) is gone. I haven't seen her take it, but it seems to correspond. The item isn't going into her inventory, or the household inventory. It seems to be the same item that's going - and because there are so few items in the place, I'm pretty sure it's the only thing affected.

This is a pretty new save, with no mods or CC. 

Message 10 of 168 (22,279 Views)