by sparrowodele

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Seeds not being Planted into Vertical Planter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a vertical planter, place plants on planting spots (I used soy beans), and have a sim attempt to plant it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim plants the seed and goes to the other one and plants that. The mound of dirt disappears once it is planted and the sim goes back and forth between the two planting boxes, planting the seed again, over and over, until I tell them to stop. The mound of dirt from the seed being planting goes away as soon as the sim stops interacting with it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the little mound of dirt remain in the planter so that a plant will sprout.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I installed Eco Lifestyle and have noticed a couple bugs, including this one, where I cannot plant in a vertical planter box. It seems to have fixed it when I went back to the main menu (which I had to do to find my version number for this post) and went back into the game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,814 Views)

Re: Seeds not being Planted into Vertical Planter

Hero
@AstralynGames Was it just a random occurrence or did you get it again since ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,770 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't tried using the planter again since then...so I have nothing valuable to add at this point!

Message 3 of 7 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am seeing this bug in the normal planters as well. I do not have eco lifestyle, And am playing on ps4 with the latest update.

Message 4 of 7 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Guide

I saw this earlier today too - strawberry and grape in vertical planter, and wolfsbane in pot.. All 3 disappeared but "plant" option came up in menu if I clicked on the pot - Sim went back and forth "planting" them until I cancelled him.  Then the gardener started doing it, so I went into build mode and sold the planter and pot so he wouldn't be there all day.  I realized I had the 2 fruit bushes in my inventory, so I just dragged them into a new vertical planter.  I bought a new pot and a new wolfsbane flower, and that one worked fine (and a few other things I planted at the same time had no problems, in both pots and verticals).  I've planted wolfsbane a few other times this week in other houses (just bought Vampires, and all my Sims garden), with no issues - not sure what was different this time.

Message 5 of 7 (1,671 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen a couple times.  Worked around it by trying to plant the seeds in another location.  Once was involving a large square planter; had to move the entire planter.  The other time was on terrain, just moved the seeds farther apart.  I had difficulty at first though cause the seeds were invisible due to canceling mid-planting.

Message 6 of 7 (1,644 Views)

Hero
There are a few things that can't be planted in the vertical planter: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-ECO-Can-t-place-certain-plants-in-vertical-garden/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,618 Views)