by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Save File Freezes When Community Vote Ends

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Get Famous, Island Living, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly am not sure. Currently it is only one save that is having this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the community vote ends from Eco Lifestyle time, needs and sims freeze. Everything else still moves on. Trees move in the wind, TV plays, cars drive down the road, and the sky changes color like time is still passing.
What do you expect to see? The community vote should end and I get a notification stating what the vote is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I installed Eco Lifestyle

I have tried removing my mods and custom content to see if that will work and I have also tried playing other households. Neither work. I can play other saves and they work just fine.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (778 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Save File Freezes When Community Vote Ends

Hero
@kelseypayge Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (746 Views)

Hero
@kelseypayge I tested this save and it took a moment, then like 3 sims aged up and after that they were unfrozen.

Have you tried resetting your user folder and just putting back your save and nothing else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

It does that cause I had a mod that controlled the age spans. Did you wait till 6pm and see the community vote end? And how do I do that?

Message 4 of 7 (714 Views)

Hero
@kelseypayge Since everyone was frozen when I loaded the save, I thought that was the issue.

I'll check it again tomorrow.

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc... so do make sure you update those if you use any.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kelseypayge Anyways, yes, it froze after 6 pm .. even crashed when I tried to go to the map

Forwarded your save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (671 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much. 

Message 7 of 7 (663 Views)