[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Repairing Dew Collector Water Valves Doesn't Build Handiness

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Repairing Dew Collector Water Valves Doesn't Build Handiness

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim break the water valves on a dew collector. Then have a Sim repair the valves.
What happens when the bug occurs? No handiness skill is being built.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to gain handiness skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (8,847 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Repairing Dew Collector Water Valves Doesn't Build Handi

★★★★★ Apprentice
@canelacaliente I see the same, but as the time to upgrade is very short for me thought is normal.
Message 2 of 3 (7,527 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Repairing Dew Collector Water Valves Doesn't Build Handi

★ Novice

I have also confirmed this issue.

I repaired the dew collector with a sim that does not have the handiness skill line and it did not add the skill line during the repair.

I will say that the repair on this device is extremely short even when the sim does not have the handiness skill, so the progress on the skill line would be negligible in my opinion, but a repair is a repair and should count for something even if it is very little.

P.S. I think the repair should take a lot longer for the sim with little to no handiness and have a possibility of failure, along with the repair making a trash heap, just like every other electronic/plumbing item.

Message 3 of 3 (6,776 Views)