Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [ECO] Master Maker Aspiration: Counts candles before making them

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get to level 3 of the Master Maker aspiration. Start to make a candle by clicking "make candle" on the candle making table.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aspiration counts candle as having been made by just clicking "make candle" - you don't actually have to make one.
What do you expect to see? Candle should be completed before it counts toward aspiration goal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Living

Video Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/178sD-GWu7l62EXFK3XhYiZ0rz_nAHogi/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,687 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Master Maker Aspiration: Counts candles before making th

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Nellspixia 
Verified in my game just this week. Set to the Master Maker Aspiration and clicked to "make candle" and without even selecting one the action was counted as completed.
PC No Mods No CC
Patch 1.63.136.1010

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 5 (1,581 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Master Maker Aspiration: Counts candles before making th

★ Pro

Create 5 candles:
<V n="objective_test" t="event_ran_successfully">
<U n="event_ran_successfully">
<L n="test_events">
<E>event_fabricate_anycandle</E>
</L>
</U>
</V>

Make 20 candles:

<V n="objective_test" t="ran_interaction_test">
<U n="ran_interaction_test">
<L n="affordances">
<T>233168<!--StartCraftingSuperInteraction: candleMakingStation_StartCrafting_Candle--></T>
</L>
<V n="interaction_outcome" t="enabled">
<E n="enabled">SUCCESS</E>
</V>
</U>
</V>

Does this happen with both? What's the difference between create and make?

Message 3 of 5 (1,565 Views)

★ Guide

Oh yes, never my sims worked faster then ever beforde 😊. 20 Candles in two minutes and no material necessary - but also no candle produced. This unvisible candles i will offer for §100 per piece on the market 😉.

Message 4 of 5 (1,547 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Master Maker Aspiration: Counts candles before making them

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bugged in my game as well. The step to "Make 20 Candles" in the 4/4 "Master Maker" level of the "Master Maker" aspiration will count a candle as "made" as soon as you click "Make Candle..." on the candle making table. The step can be completed by clicking "Make candle..." 20 times instead of by actually making 20 candles. The step to "Create 5 Candles" in the 3/4 "Competent Crafter" level of the "Master Maker" aspiration does seem to work correctly. This is the first time I have tried to complete this aspiration. Tested by removing my mods folder completely and opening my never-modded vanilla save file.

Message 5 of 5 (1,252 Views)