[OPEN] [ECO] Footprint Still Gives moodlets With It Turned Off

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Re: [Eco] Eco Footprint Still Effecting The Game With It Turned Off

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PriestessAvenaraI make a new save, not tutorial, on CAS without sim created just shadow, i can turn off all Ecolifestyle on setting.
I come back to cas, create story yes. *there is a bunch of eco question stuff that make answers can be modding and set Eco traits recicler etc moods even on sims.
i try to say not to all.. my Sims is vegan now. O_o
enter game on a cheap home willow creeck. cheat money, put a ECO home i did with all eco working stuff on previous games saved.

As soon my vegan perfectionist and ambitious sim is near the "cruelty free meat" get a bad mood like squimish but orange "DIT IT MOVE?" lol is just by being near the "plant" no time out!!

On Mail i see vote to N.A.P. i can see on personality N.A.P. .
Same as the famous is checked and my sim gain reputation as make friends on welcome vagon.

Moved family to Evergreen. All eco npc visit learn vote etc. Moods about Livestyle apear.

As far as the Pop up dont show to advice the eco status, and at the bottom bar dont show up and you dont see the ECO bar green or yellow.
It seems as intended by EA.
Still have ecoLive you payed, but not the bad part where u have to think build and work to keep it green or not.

May be not a bug just as EA way ?

Sorry my English, i am Spanish.
Hope this help.

ON PIC the black arrow point the icon that make ECO active or not.  I have to turn the pic 90 degree and put 100% to see this way the the bottom bar to one side, as the UI from pictures hide it. 

Message 11 of 26 (2,091 Views)

Re: [ECO] Getting 'Green Eco Footprint' with Eco Footprint option turned off

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@tigrina_tigson the bottom bar where climate is u dont have the eco bar really, only the climate, the eco is more to the right with diferent icon that pop up a bar green or yellow when hover  > see above answer pic>
and i dont see that on your pic.
So i think this is as intended by EA you still have all but the headeach to mantain and work towards the green or yellow bar of the pack EcolifeStyle.

Message 12 of 26 (2,081 Views)

★★ Pro

@Valdesca  Your screenshot shows the eco footprint which means you didn't turn it off. I did turn it off. That's kinda what I'm pointing out. I'm getting the sun rays, the clean air moodlet, the aurora, but my eco footprint option is turned off not on. I didn't even get a message telling me I'm Green nor do I have the bar to tell me because I turned off that option entirely, yet things are happening as if it were turned on and I were green. I think when you turn off the eco footprint, I shouldn't have anything to do with the footprint, but I am. The sun rays, the clean air moodlet, and the aurora should only appear if I have the eco footprint turned on, not off. So I think you must have misunderstood me somehow or you didn't manage to turn it off properly.

Message 13 of 26 (2,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PriestessAvenara I'm having the same issue!  This is from a save that was PRE-ECO LIFESTYLE.  This has only started happening recently.  My sim lives in a $900K mansion in Del Sol Valley & even though I have both the eco options under Game Options>Pack settings unticked AND also have the 'build mode items grant gameplay effects' unticked under Game options> Gameplay.

I first noticed this because my bills were over $400k!!!  So I went in and made sure all 3 were unticked, saved, completely exited the whole game, restaarted TS4, loaded the game & although I know I had applied the settings, and all 3 boxers were still unticked, when the game loaded it went straight into an INDUSTRIAL footprint again!  I get moodlets that the air is not clean & my sim coughs & wants to go inside.

So I thought if I removed some of the industrial items from the lot that it would help - nope.  Tried clicking all the three options above & applying the changes, then closing game options & then going back in & un-ticking them all again - that works for a little while but as soon as my sim returns from work the smog comes back!!

I've also had a bug where my sim will return from work but it still says she's at work - that issue has been happening for MONTHS.

So frustrating....and NOW I just received a notification that because my residence is not following the eco guidelines of the NAP that my bills are gooing to be EVEN HIGHER!  THERE SHOULD NOT BE A N.A.P.!!!!

This is honestly so rediculous & frustrating.  No amount of applyiong changes, restoring defaults, exiting & re-loading etc seems to make any lasting difference, and because it resets the footprint every time my sim goes to work I'm having to fix it every sim day.

Message 14 of 26 (1,950 Views)

Eco Lifestyle Footprint

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By disabling the setting in the game options
What happens when the bug occurs? I disabled the Footprint when it's green but somehow affects my Sims when it turns Industrial without enabling it
What do you expect to see? The footprint not to affect my Sims at all because it is off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started experiencing this when Industrial footprint even after it has been turned off when my Sims moved to Oasis Spring. I enabled the footprint just to change it to green Footprint then turned it off again.

After some hours it changed to industrial again. I later noticed that it's just my Sims house that was doing that not the entire neighbourhood.

When another family travelled to Mt. Komorebi the footprint turned industrial and when I thought I could change it back I couldn't so I had to use the cheat.

I removed all the mods I had in my game and it is still the same.

it's getting annoying when the footprint changes even though I disabled the setting

Message 15 of 26 (1,944 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Footprint

Hero
@Golldiie_ Sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Footprint-Still-Gives-moodlets-With-It-Turned/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (1,904 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict yes!!.... something like that. I've tried repairing my game multiple times, but the problem is still occurring.
Message 17 of 26 (1,877 Views)

Hero
@Golldiie_ Merging your post then. Please click on that me too button on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 26 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also experienced this yesterday. My sims live on a 400K lot in Del Sol Valley and after a few sims days playing with the household, I got a notification saying that the neighborhood was industrial out of nowhere. I turned off the eco-lifestyle options for this save from the beginning and didn't experience this until recently. I had to use an eco-lifestyle cheat to turn the neighborhood green because I have all of the settings turned off so I can't use in-game methods because they have no effect. I've also noticed that some of my sims household items have gone missing as well. Two archways, a counter, and a computer have disappeared as well I don't know why. I have a butler in this household and I'm not sure if it's him stealing the items because of the NAP issue the game had a while back. I have the option turned off as well so I'm not sure. 

Message 19 of 26 (1,805 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @Golldiie_, I was wondering; Do you still have this issue?

I'm having the same issue since the Cottage Living patch; I'm getting the Eco Footprint notifications even though I've turned it off in the Options menu. I'm curious to see if others still have this bug as well.

Message 20 of 26 (1,669 Views)