by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Footprint Still Gives moodlets With It Turned Off

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, including the newest Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Make a SIM turn off Eco Footprint, place your SIM in Port Promise. 2) On the other side of things. Make a SIM, turn off Eco Footprint, place SIM in Willow Creek, add a LOT of Eco friendly footprint things such as in my case roof solar panels, wind turbines, and dew collectors. Possibly wait a little bit if you didn't put enough in.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) Despite turning off the Eco Footprint before the game starts, the Sim gains the "Foul Air" moodlet randomly as if Eco Footprints were still in place. 2) Bright sunlight effect happens, night time Aurora happens, "Clean Air" moodlet appears. In both instances Eco Footprint was turned off.
What do you expect to see? No Eco Footprint related moodlets when Eco Footprint is turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

On my 7th restart so well after the latest update, I turned off the Eco Footprint as described, and I tried to put myself down in Port Promise and noticed the Four Air moodlet so I thought going to a neutral spot like Willow Creek would solve that. Next thing I know the light is shining down in sunbeams, I have the Aura, and I start getting the Clean Air moodlet. None of this made sense as from the moment my SIM was created I turned off the eco footprint, only placing her on the lot after doing so. There is no option to turn it off before at least making the SIM, but seeing as doing it this way fixed there being NPC votes when I first started my game I don't think that should matter.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Edit by PriestessAvenara: Corrected the name of the moodlet. Whoops, Fresh Air is the one for an outdoor lover. My SIM doesn't have that trait. Sorry about that.

Message 1 of 26 (7,628 Views)

Re: [Eco] Eco Footprint Still Effecting The Game With It Turned Off

Hero
@PriestessAvenara Do you mean the option in the game options ?

Did you get any LE ?

There's currently two similar threads

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-LE-when-disabling-and-reenabling-eco-footprint...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Footprint-changes-despite-voting-off/td-p/9188...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (7,569 Views)

★★ Pro

@crinrict  No, I am not Legacy Edition or getting a Last Exception, which ever one you meant by LE. I'm fully updated as well, but it was the Eco Footprint I was commenting about. I just mentioned that since turning off NPC was working, I am sure I didn't time taking away the Eco Footprint at the wrong time. It was indeed turned off from the second my game started so it should be acting turned off. Hence why I'm confused why it is acting like it is turned on even though I don't have the icons to tell me what my Eco Footprint is nor can I go to the world map and toggle on to see what the local eco footprints are like you would see if it were turned on. This was a completely fresh save so it can't be from it ever being turned on at any point.

Message 3 of 26 (7,547 Views)

Hero
@PriestessAvenara You said you made a Sim turn off the Eco footprint. As I'm only aware that you can do that in the Options and not with a Sim, I'm unclear if it's the options you're talking about or something else.

Also, I thought it was clear I meant LastException by the first link I gave you there Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (7,534 Views)

★★ Pro

@crinrict  As you start a new game, you create a SIM. After doing so, but before you place them on the lot, you have access to the Eco Lifestyle part of the menu for the first time. You can't get into it before you've at least made a SIM. So I made my SIM, went into options, change the settings, and THEN placed my SIM on their lot. I did not place the SIM on the lot first which would be properly starting that save file and game and then change the Eco Footprint setting. I was very careful to change it the moment I could and before my game was considered "started".

Message 5 of 26 (7,532 Views)

Hero
@PriestessAvenara Does sound a bit like the second link although yours is more about the moodlet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (7,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrict  Feel free to add it there. I don't THINK mine is bouncing between neutral and green as it appears shiny and green all the time. Although it is similar enough I could see putting them together for the sake of neatness.

Edit: I noticed another difference. They are getting pop ups in their notifications that they are neutral or green, I'm not getting that either. I didn't even get a notification I was green. I'm just getting the look and moodlets.

Message 7 of 26 (7,481 Views)

[ECO] Getting 'Green Eco Footprint' with Eco Footprint option turned off

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, but I have Vampires disabled.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn off both "Enable NPC Voting" and "Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay" options in Game Options -> Eco Lifestyle. For the record; the "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" in game play options is turned on.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the clean air buff, for one, and all my plants auto-evolve. I also get the message my neigbourhood turned green.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Eco footprint gameplay effects to be turned off entirely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Like I said, I expect the Eco Footprints turned off when I turn off Eco Footprints. This has not been the case. I got the message that my neighbourhood turned green (see screenshot), clean air buff, the fancy sun rays and also my plants auto-evolve.

For this specific game, I've turned both NPC voting and the Eco footprint option off immediately after starting this game save (as you can't do it without live mode). Also this household lives in Sulani.

Message 8 of 26 (7,436 Views)

Re: [ECO] Getting 'Green Eco Footprint' with Eco Footprint option turned off

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

*reads thread*

The only LE's I have are unrelated (ie. for the Fabricator and Recycler that they lack a 'bucks_tracker' ).

This lot/neighbourhood does not bounce like Port Promise with the Eco Footprint options turned on. I have that bug too in a different save game, but that's not this issue.

This neighbourhood just turned Green Eco footprint while that whole layer shouldn't be active.

Message 9 of 26 (7,386 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PriestessAvenar oh i gonna to try this. i dont turned off this never. let you know what happen on a game full of mods..
Message 10 of 26 (7,344 Views)