by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Cricket Flour Unable To Be Placed In Fridge

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Harvest the bug box with crickets in it for cricket flour, then try to place the cricket flour into the fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? It bounces back into inventory.
What do you expect to see? That it goes into the fridge since it is needed for various cooking recipes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Living Patch/Eco Living

I really don't want extra things in my sims inventory if I can help it. Not sure yet if I can put the cricket flour in another spot, but that would rather defeat the purpose of being able to use it in cooking, now wouldn't it? Not sure what else I can use cricket flour for, still learning the pack. I did try with mods in and mods out and cleared all my caches etc in between. I did look for another topic started on this, but couldn't find one, so sorry if I'm creating a double bug report!

Here is my current save file, that has a cricket flour in Veronica's inventory. Though the debugging team should have no issues duplicating this one!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (2,520 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Cricket Flour Unable To Be Placed In Fridge

Hero

The best way to keep Cricket Flour is to store it in the refrigerator! Now you can have your flour ready to use extra fresh and crisp (crisp? Crunchy?). We have also made it possible to store Beetle Nuggets, Bombardier Beetle Nuggets, and Grub Meal. Buen Provecho!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,796 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cricket Flour Unable To Be Placed In Fridge

★★★ Pro

I also wanted to add that grub meal can't be placed in the refrigerator.

Message 2 of 7 (2,447 Views)

★★ Pro

I've always felt UFO fruits should be something you can place in your refrigerator because with the cupcake factory you can make some delicious food with it. If you can use it to cook with it should go in the fridge. So I feel the same with the cricket meal and bombardier nuggets which I know you can make different dishes with. I still haven't figured out what to do with grub meal. I THINK it can be used with fizzy juices, but in my opinion what is cooked on a stove, grill, cupcake factory or any other place I'm forgetting to name, that object should be able to be stored in a fridge. This, in my mind, includes cowplant essence because there is a cowplant essence pie you can make. It just makes sense to store your cooking ingredients in the fridge since cabinets are just for show.

Message 3 of 7 (2,416 Views)

@canelacaliente Thanks for letting me know! I only had the crickets, and just added the regular beetles. I'll be getting to the grubs soon!
Message 4 of 7 (2,384 Views)

★★ Pro

@wildirishbanshee  First off, let me gush and squeal. I loooooooooove your name. Now, back to the topic at hand. Be careful with the Bombardier Crickets. I cooked their nuggets into a Bombardier Stir Fry and while it is this amazing dish that even increases your energy, I found the down side. Every now and again you'll finish the dish and burp out a dragon sized breath of FIRE! Sometimes this doesn't happen. Sometimes it does and I thought it was cute. Then out of NO WHERE said flaming burp SET MY SIM ON FIRE! Luckily she had the Fireproof trait you get from completing the gardening aspiration so she put herself out. I'm not sure if the trait saved her or she was just lucky or if you can even die from eating it, but definitely think twice before eating that dish.

So far I haven't figured out what grub meal can be used for. Cricket Flour can be cooked into Cricket Popcorn or, I believe it's called Cricket Gruel or Cricket Meal. Beatles can only be used for insect bio fuel. Sometimes when you collect Cricket Flour you get a free noir black dye. *laughs* When you opt to collect the Grub Meal, Cricket Flour, or Bombardier Nuggets you can also sometimes get a free super fertilizer bag! However, the dye I only have found farming my plain crickets.

Message 5 of 7 (2,372 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think it's a feature, rather than a bug, but I too wish that it would be fixed!! There are other foods that can't be put in the fridge, like the UFO fruit, bugs (AND fish!!) from Granite Falls, frogs etc, which is just so inconvenient bc they're used in cooking, and you just kinda leave them places if you don't want them cluttering up the inventory

Message 6 of 7 (2,044 Views)

Hero

The best way to keep Cricket Flour is to store it in the refrigerator! Now you can have your flour ready to use extra fresh and crisp (crisp? Crunchy?). We have also made it possible to store Beetle Nuggets, Bombardier Beetle Nuggets, and Grub Meal. Buen Provecho!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,797 Views)