by LeissaMyst

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] All Lot Traits Applying to Active Community Space

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a community space. Add lot traits to the community space. Vote to change the community space. Visit the community space.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot traits from the last active community space are applied to the newly active community space.
What do you expect to see? Only the lot traits of the active community space to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 12 (1,423 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Community Space Lot Traits not Updating

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenting, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a custom Community Lot with Different Traits for each "Category" and successfully vote to change the category.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Lot traits fail to update to reflect the new state, which results in the old traits still being shown.
What do you expect to see? There are two expected outcomes: A. The Lot Traits do not allow you to set them individual per category or B. The Lot traits update when the vote is complete to change the type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have uploaded a copy of the saves directory in which the bug has already occurred. The Name of the Particular Save is "Main Save [Recovered]" and the lot in question is in New Crest towards the bottom of the map. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7ysy5jwihszksu/saves.zip?dl=0

As you will notice from the save it should have (in part) High Speed Internet, and instead it has Landfill, Geo Thermal, and Recycle and Reuse from it's "base" lot type.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (1,185 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] All Lot Traits Applying to Active Community Space

Hero
@canelacaliente Does this only apply if you have no lot traits set to the other sub-lot types or also if you set something ?

Like if you have 3 for community space and 3 for marketplace and then vote for marketplace, you have 6 active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (1,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@crinrictIt seems to occur if there are open lot trait slots on the lot that it was changed to.

Message 4 of 12 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding my input to this that's the same as the other thread - my community space maintains the landfill lot trait when being changed to a different space. My maker space still had broken items. They disappeared when I changed it to a community garden then reappeared when back to maker space. Great for getting handiness up, but not so great to move around.

Message 5 of 12 (1,226 Views)

Eco Lifestyle Phantom Lot traits on Community Space

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a community space after it has transformed from the generic space to a maker space
What happens when the bug occurs? The generic Community Space lot traits (landfill lot, and the other one) seem to be existing and hidden when the lot transforms. When my lot transformed to a Maker Space, even though it showed no lot traits, Sims kept coming over and dumping broken electronics.
What do you expect to see? If the maker space has no lot traits, it should not allow behaviour from previous community space lot traits, and Sims should not be dumping items on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started a fresh game, in Evergreen Harbour, Port Promise, and the generic Community Space was voted to be a Maker Space. A few days into the Maker Space's existence, although it had no lot traits assigned, Sims have been dropping off broken electronics and now there is a bunch of broken electroncs in the Maker Space.

Message 6 of 12 (1,272 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Phantom Lot traits on Community Space

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Community-Space-Lot-Traits-not-Updating/td-p/9... ?

It does to me but making sure before merging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,242 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Similar but not quite. It seems the other poster has assigned new lot traits to the new space, but the old ones are showing? If that is the case, it is not the same. In my situation, there are NO lot traits on the Maker Space, yet for some reason Sims are still dumping off items as if the Landfill trait is assigned, but no traits appear whatsoever.
Message 8 of 12 (1,215 Views)

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG Actually, I think I linked you the wrong thread.

I meant this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-All-Lot-Traits-Applying-to-Active-Community/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, I think it's the same issue. Whether or not the "new" lot has traits, the old ones from the community space are active in the background.
Message 10 of 12 (1,163 Views)