by CharityCodes

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Cannot get inheritance because of reward trait

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Seasons, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Tiny living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a sim the CAREFREE reward trait with satisfaction points. Then that sim needs to receive the phonecall that offers them inheritance money, but I don't know how to force that event. In any case, when the phonecall comes select "Yes, money, gimme, gimme" from the replies. Don't ask for conditions of the inheritance. Next marry another sim within seven days of getting the phonecall.
What happens when the bug occurs? Normally when a sim accepts the inheritance they get a Tense moodlet that lasts seven days and serves as a timer. Since my sim can never get tense, this timer never started. The sim married the same day, but didn't get any money.
What do you expect to see? To get a moodlet that tells me how many days I have left to marry and to receive the inheritance money after marrying/eloping. If a sim cannot get TENSE, they should maybe get a FINE moddlet instead or a hidden trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Additional information: I've had other sims get the inheritance phonecall and everything was working without problems. Only the one sim with the Caerefree trait had this issue, so I'm very certain that this trait is the culprit.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 4 (3,138 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Cannot get inheritance because of reward trait

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the carefree reward trait with satisfaction points. Get the phone call about a random inheritance left specifically to you. Select "Yes, money, gimme, gimme" from the replies. Marry another sim within 7 sim days of getting the call. I did this within 3 sim days and still did not get any money.
What happens when the bug occurs? Normally when a sim accepts the inheritance they get a Tense moodlet that lasts seven days and serves as a timer. Since my sim can never get tense, this moodlet never appeared. When the sim gets married within the stated time frame, you do not get any money.
What do you expect to see? To get the money when you marry within the given timeframe. Maybe instead of a tense moodlet, it could be a fine moodlet if the sim has the reward trait. Having it be hidden from the sim would be inconvenient.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, removed them all. Deleted cache files and started a new save.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 2 of 4 (2,989 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, I've noticed this as well. It also appears that if you do things that "decrease stress" (take showers, write in journal, sleep in a nice bed) your time gets shorter. If the moodlet isn't there, you don't get the money, regardless of how much time has actually passed. It seems like this should be a locked thing, as it doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Message 3 of 4 (2,538 Views)

★★ Pro

I've had the same thing happen to me but with getting the moodlet removed before its due time because I did relaxing activities.

As a temporary fix what you can do is to add the buff "Married for money" with MCCC. I wanted to complete the "quest" for storytelling purposes so I just added it back with MCCC and it worked fine for me.

Message 4 of 4 (2,509 Views)