Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Can't upgrade Hot Tub/ Water Recycler using eco upgrade part

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Night, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a hot tub. (I'm currently trying with a Left of Center hot tub but I think I had the problem with the Birthday Hot Tub also when I first got Eco Lifestyle.) Fabricate 3 eco upgrade parts. Try to upgrade the hot tub to use a water recycler with the eco upgrade parts.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm able to queue the action, but my Sim waves her hand in the "I can't get there" motion. Other upgrades work fine.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should be able to upgrade the hot tub to use the water recycler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pmzydPDvYXWX18oS6tH5Ctu3uqHHHVM/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 21 (5,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can't upgrade Hot Tub/ Water Recycler using eco upgrade part

Hero

Your Sim will know where to go when trying to upgrade Hot Tubs with the Water Recycler using Eco Parts option

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (1,084 Views)

All Replies

Cant upgrade hot tube from perfect patio with eco upgrade parts

★ Apprentice

Hi all,

I saw a few other people say they have the same problem a few months back, but couldn’t find any resolution. Anyway, every time I click on the perfect patio hot tube upgrade “water recycler with eco friendly parts” my sims act as if something is in the way. I’ve tried moving the hot tub, restarting the game, using different sims, but nothing works. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 21 (5,503 Views)

Re: Cant upgrade hot tube from perfect patio with eco upgrade parts

Hero
@UserMnk11611 Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (5,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictHmm, it still isn't showing up for some reason. Should I delete this post and then make a new one?

ETA: I am a dingus, I just realized this is already in the current bugs thread! I somehow missed it before while on my phone. I can delete this whole thread!

Message 4 of 21 (5,466 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't upgrade Hot Tub/ Water Recycler using eco upgrade

★ Apprentice
@wombatilim I know it has been some time, but I'm having this issue too. Did you ever find a work around or did you end up just giving up?
Message 5 of 21 (5,459 Views)

Hero
@UserMnk11611 I merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (5,447 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't upgrade Hot Tub/ Water Recycler using eco upgrade

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@UserMnk11611 I wound up just doing the water recycler with regular upgrade parts instead of eco upgrade parts.

Message 7 of 21 (5,407 Views)

★★ Novice
@wombatilim It is a problem only since the most recent upgrade. it occurs with all tub types.
Message 8 of 21 (4,800 Views)

★★★ Guide
@gamingtowin1234 The hot tub issue has been going on far longer than the issue with tubs in general. I reported this one about a year ago.
Message 9 of 21 (4,798 Views)

★ Guide

It's not just hot tubs that are affected by this bug, it is also affecting bath tubs too! Only work around I know about is using the instant upgrade interaction

Message 10 of 21 (4,678 Views)