by SimmerCarl92

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Bits and Pieces Count reverts to Zero

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: 1.) Get to Work 2.) Get Together 3.) City Living 4.) Cats and Dogs 5.) Seasons 6.) Get Famous 7.) Island Living 8.) Discover University 9.) Eco Lifestyle Game Packs: 1.) Outdoor Retreat 2.) Spa Day 3.) Dine Out 4.) Vampires 5.) Parenthood 6.) Jungle Adventure 7.) Strangerville 8.) Realm of Magic 1.) Luxury Party Stuff 2.) Perfect Patio Stuff 3.) Cool Kitchen Stuff 4.) Spooky Stuff 5.) Movie Hangout Stuff 6.) Romantic Garden Stuff 7.) Kids Room Stuff 8.) Backyard Stuff 9.) Vintage Glamour Stuff 10.) Bowling Night Stuff 11.) Fitness Stuff 12.) Toddler Stuff 13.) Laundry Day Stuff 14.) My First Pet Stuff 15.) Moschino Stuff 16.) Tiny Living Stuff 17.) Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look into the evidence
What happens when the bug occurs? Clicking Objects via Cheats
What do you expect to see? I hovered a Fabricator from Eco Lifestyle. But the Bits and Pieces count is zero. We need accurate numbers for Bits and Pieces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 101

The Bits and Pieces count is Zero, is there a way to fix and solve this problem? Immediate Response is needed. Thank You.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 2 of 34 (1,997 Views)

Eco Lifestyle - lost all Bits & Pieces

★★★ Novice

Eco Lifestyle - lost all my Bits & Pieces after the last update.  Cannot dumpster dive for treasures (only nap in the dumpster) or accumulate B&P after sorting through any trash. The recycler shows 0/0 and does not register any B&P finds.

Message 1 of 34 (1,981 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle: Bits and Pieces Count is Zero

Champion
@SimmerCarl92 You haven’t said what the bits and pieces count is supposed to be? Did you just use them all up and not realise it?
Message 3 of 34 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually, I used cheats to add Bits & Pieces after Used all up.

Message 4 of 34 (1,976 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle - lost all Bits & Pieces

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gac4sims I have to say, I had some situation (maybe a move, I don't remember) where I lost all of my bits and pieces, and I had a LOT. I was really bummed. So what I did - I figure this is fair play since I was getting back what I already had - is I cheated in money to the household that I used to I purchase items in Build and Buy. I put these items in inventory and queued up for my Sim to recycle them to regain the bits and pieces.  

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 34 (1,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So it's the cheat that's not adding them ? Does it work if you get them the proper way ?

There's a known bug that they revert to 0 when you move: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Bits-and-pieces-disappearing-after-moving/m-p/...

Questions to everyone

• Can you get new ones ?
  • Do they disappear again after loading/travelling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (1,952 Views)

My bits and pieces reverted to zero with the patch. Was coming here to find out if anyone else had complained yet. I had over 1,000 of each, and I don't use them very often. They were fine prior. It's not a huge deal, but it could be to someone who fabricates a lot!

Message 7 of 34 (1,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wildirishbanshee Do they keep disappearing if you get new ones like on reload or travelling ?

@gac4sims Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (1,946 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. After this recent patch. My bits and pieces are not showing even after recycling.

Message 9 of 34 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@simvasionThat is possible - but I had over 1000 So now when I accumulate more, the count still shows 0/0 on the Recycler but I can use the new ones I accumulate in the Fabricator.

Message 10 of 34 (1,882 Views)