Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] B&B Goes Quiet for Minutes After Eco Music Ends

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in Build and Buy for some time. Listen until the end of one of the pieces of music from Eco Lifestyle, see description below for which piece of music I'm referring to.
What happens when the bug occurs? When this specific piece of music ends there's no other music starting to play for several minutes. Everything just goes completely quiet.
What do you expect to see? That the next piece of music doesn't take several minutes to start.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's this one (links are to both versions of the piece):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWljvM6hF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHcjncSSjA

Btw, I didn't upload these to Youtube, it was just the only way I could think of to show you which piece of music I was referring to.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] B&B Goes Quiet for Minutes After Eco Music Ends

★★★★ Pro

I just noticed that this one seems to be fixed. I was in build mode and this track started to play, so I expected silence for 3 minutes after that, but it directly continued with the next track Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)

All Replies

The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle in-game Build & Buy Mode audio issue.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLCs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to Build & Buy Mode to hear the music.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the Eco Life Style music in Build & Buy Mode is playing but after it finishes, there's a long 3-4 minute wait for the next music to play.
What do you expect to see? That the particular Eco Lifestyle music should finished playing the music, and start the next music rather than waiting 3-4 minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, I'm reporting an audio issue in the Eco Lifestyle EP, I was extracting the in-game Eco Lifestyle Build & Buy music soundtrack. I found out that there's an unnecessary 3-4 minute silence of the music. When I'm in-game during Build and Buy Mode that particular music plays, when it finishes the music, there's a long silence after that's over it plays the next music.

This is the particular music that I was talking about, I had to cut the unnecessary long silence in the audio file in Audacity. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngopkRykQmQ&t

Here's what I found when the audio file is opened in Audacity, I uploaded the screenshot of the issue. As you can see there's a long silent line in the audio file that's unnecessary and I hope that the developers are able to cut that line out of the audio file in the data. I don't know if this is fixable, but I'm going to report this issue to the developers anyway. I think this audio problem also happens in MacOS and consoles too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 2 of 4 (1,341 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] B&B Goes Quiet for Minutes After Eco Music Ends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SqueamishNerdIt's a data issue in the audio file. Apparently, that Eco Lifestyle music has a 3-4 minutes silence in the sequence, I extracted the music file and I saw that the audio developers didn't properly cut the music. I don't really know why the developer didn't see this oversight, and I don't know if they can even fix it. I think they have to re-upload the Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack back to fix the issue.

Message 3 of 4 (1,276 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] B&B Goes Quiet for Minutes After Eco Music Ends

★★★★ Pro

I just noticed that this one seems to be fixed. I was in build mode and this track started to play, so I expected silence for 3 minutes after that, but it directly continued with the next track Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (654 Views)