by Lavendela91

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Alien Plants not watered by Hydroponic Planter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant quill plant in hydroponic planter
What happens when the bug occurs? Quill plant isn't auto-watered and must be watered separately.
What do you expect to see? Alien plants auto-watered like all other plants in Hydroponic planter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ECO Living.

See above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,543 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Quill Plant not watered by Hydroponic Planter

Hero
@Psychotps I'm just thinking, the quill plant is an alien plant ? Can you water it at all ?

Referring to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Space-plants-need-water-after-pacth-update/m-p/917...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict

Yes, I can water it manually, it's just not watered automatically by the Hydroponic Planter. It's a similar problem with the vertical planters. If you have vertical planters and ground planters and click on the ground ones to "Super-Sell" or "Sell All", it'll sell all of the ground planters but not the vertical. If you do the same on the vertical, it'll sell all of the verticals but not the ground ones.

Yes, it's one of the alien plants. Haven't gotten around to testing the others yet.

ATM I'm trying to solve a CC problem with RoM.

Message 3 of 7 (1,319 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Do you remember if they always needed water though ? From what the other user says that's new.

Are there any other alien plants that go into hydro planters and if so, do they have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict

I just checked them, the other two alien plants are not watered by the hydroponic planter either. That's the Quill Fruit, Fang Flower, and Glow Orb. They DO need water. I've always watered and fertilized them in the past. I can water them now, it's just not done automatically by the auto-watering hydroponic planter.

Maybe I'll check the vampire and island living plants also.

Edit:

I checked the Pineapple, Coconut, Wolfsbane, Garlic, and Plasma Tree and they are all auto-watered.

For some reason I can no longer plant the Kava root at all.

Message 5 of 7 (1,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

Quite a few of the harvestables you can’t use in the hydroponic planters — I don’t think carrots or potatoes work either. I assumed it was a quirk like how some of the plants are “scared of height” and won’t work in the vertical? 

Message 6 of 7 (1,245 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Alien Plants not watered by Hydroponic Planter

★ Guide

My alien plants also kept the option for watering outside of the planter.

Message 7 of 7 (962 Views)