Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to CAS, pick a male Sim and go to clothing (pants)
What happens when the bug occurs? in the right menu, you can find swimwear 2 times (one is working properly, the first button gives an empty menu on all outfit categories) What do you expect to see? only one buttun for swimwear
What do you expect to see? only one button for swimwear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (5,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Duplicate icon for Swimwear in CAS

Hero

Male Sims with masculine clothing preference should only see the Swimwear category and not the Swimwear and Swimsuits category…swimsuits sounds way too formal for swimming.

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,258 Views)

All Replies

Re: Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

★★★★ Apprentice

screenshot of the bug:

Message 2 of 15 (5,306 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

Champion (Retired)
@Dinosaur918 I had not noticed that until you pointed it out. Thank you for reporting.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 15 (5,242 Views)

★★ Pro

The reason for this is a pair of swim shorts tagged Feminine but available for males from Island Living.

Message 4 of 15 (5,224 Views)

Hero
The thread for that is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Male-shorts-do-not-appear-in-CAS/m-p/7982762

I'm still leaving this separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (5,219 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (5,170 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting this on both male and female sims. One is "swimwear" and the other is "swimsuits", with swimsuits being blank. Both of these categories are under "bottoms". The "swimsuits" category is also present under "full body" (where its supposed to be) and seems to be functioning normally there. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Message 7 of 15 (5,140 Views)

Duplicate icon for Swimwear in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lower clothes from Males in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? There are two same icons of Swimwears, one is titled as Swimsuits but is empty (actually there's a female swimshort, which seems to be the reason for this bug)
What do you expect to see? Only one icon for Swimwears
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

CASIMG_20200604_130537147_HDR.jpg

Message 8 of 15 (4,887 Views)

Re: Duplicate icon for Swimwear in CAS

Hero
@SergeSim Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (4,868 Views)

Island Living - SwimShorts Category

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in CAS screen, male sims have two swimwear categories.
What happens when the bug occurs? in CAS screen, male sims have two swimwear categories.
What do you expect to see? only one swimwear category.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

After installed Island Living, I noticed that my sim have two categories of swimwear.

I checked through Sims 4 studio, I noticed there are two same CAS items, ymbottom_EP07ShortSwim/yfbottom_EP07ShortSwim differentiated by gender,

each has different clothing categories(for male, it is Swim'Shorts', for female 'Shorts'), and male cas has 'feminine' category also.

Because there is no other item which has swimshorts category, this problem happens.

Message 10 of 15 (4,825 Views)