Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] Duller Grass with Seasons Patch

by SergeSim

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] Duller Grass with Seasons Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don’t actually know if I’m supposed to open a new topic or post here. But my game was running perfectly fine after Season patch, however, after they released the Fix patch on June 26th my game started having some of the problems that were supposed to be fixed. The grass is so green that it’s actually blinding, I’ll include a picture but I don’t think it shows it as bright as it is ! Also, the wallpaper issue. It’s so bad that I spent fifteen minutes painting the outside of a small house, it’s ridiculous and frustrating ! The whole build mode is lagging, but wallpaper is the worst !

I’m playing on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015) running macOS High Sierra, with a AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 Mo graphic card.

My game and computer are fully updated. I repaired the game, removed The Sims 4 folder and generated a new one with no CC and it’s still happening.

My settings (written in French, but basically they're on high) :

Capture d’écran 2018-07-01 à 01.36.48.png

The green grass (plus, it was a rainy day so the outdoor lighting wasn't the brightest) :

Capture d’écran 2018-07-01 à 02.56.21.png

PS : The picture is of Brindleton Bay but I checked the other worlds and it's the same, Oasis Spring is the worst though, the contrast with the sand is terrible (also the sand is very orange).

Message 21 of 34 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Pixellarious About the wallpaper lag: There is a post about a workaround suggested by Simguru Nick for this in another topic on here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Extreme-Lag-When-placing-wallpaper-on-walls/td-p/68... (scroll down to Crinrict‘s last entry on that page) This might work for you. 

Message 22 of 34 (409 Views)

Hero
If it's not duller, but the other way round, yes please, create a new thread.

What hood are you playing ?

Could you try turning off retina to see if it's related to that ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 34 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My graphics in the game improved sometime last week, probably after the patch.  Got on today and it may be worse than before, even the atmosphere is gloomy.  

And by worse I mean back to dull, and almost dead looking grass.

[Edited by EA_Mai to join your posts. @brenleedee Please, use the edit option you will find in the top right corner of your posts under the ... menu if you want to add information to a post you just posted. This way you avoid double posting. Thanks!]

Sorry about that.

Message 24 of 34 (379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm actually having this same issue. I was told this was supposed to fixed in the new update, but my game is up to date!

Message 25 of 34 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me here. The grass is so weird in Brindleton bay. Especially there where it was once very beautiful yellowish grass. I hope its a bug they will fix cause its very ugly now.

I played with my vampyr today and notice that you cant anymore change the type of tooth and others facial marks of your sims.

And still lots of bugs for cats and dogs, incomplete cinématiques. I mean sims that take the litter and are teleport to the garbage to trow the litter.

My game even bug loading le world menu. I had to stop it with task manager.

Thanks. And thats right after the patch of today so no excuses. Bugs arent fixed yet, some of them.

Message 26 of 34 (314 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. I'm playing in the Pancakes neighbourhood from Willow Creek lately, and the grass doesn't have the usual bright green shade. It's much duller, some light olive tone.

I'm on the latest patch, but I don't have Seasons installed. 

I play on a Mac with an integrated chipset (Intel Iris 1536 Mb) and laptop mode is on.

Message 27 of 34 (267 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
This same issue is happening on PS4 after September 6th patch Frown
Message 28 of 34 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

See you already made a thread for console here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grass-no-more-green-after-September-6th-patch/m-p/7031271

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 34 (168 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I wanted to changed the color of my Sim’s grass because it looked dead, but it won’t let me!

Message 30 of 34 (86 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help