by sushicrow

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Drinks Made at Home Bar Don't Give Buff

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a bar for the sim's home. Make a drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Controlled sim makes a drink at the bar at home. Sim drinks it and does not get the "smooth sipping" buff. Sim will get buff drinking glass of water from sink or fridge, drinking orange juice from fridge and will get buff if a drink is ordered and drank at a bar outside the house. Tested on a sim I made and also some base game townies (all non-occult).
What do you expect to see? Getting a buff when a sim drinks a drink made at home bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch.

This bug is only effecting brand new games. Old saves (pre-last update) work fine.

I've removed mods folder, deleted cache and repaired the game. Still having this problem. Re-tested on repaired vanilla game, new game and sim. Only tested on non-occult sims, don't know about vampires.

Message 1 of 4 (853 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Drinks Made at Home Bar Don't Give Buff

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (795 Views)

★ Guide

I just checked again after this update on a new Sim/ save. This is still happening. The only difference is that when my sim is at level 2 mixology she sometimes get a buff, but not all the time. I accidentally tested this on a perfectionist sim, so I can't be sure of the quality of all the drinks because of the lack of tag problem with perfectionist mixologists.She was in an inspired mood. She seems to have no chance to make a buff drink in a non-inspired mood.I noticed no difference if drinks were made autonomously.

There are a few drinks that always give buffs

Prose and Pop

Root Beer Float

Protein Shake

All Glasses of Nectar

Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

★ Guide

This bug was fixed for me at some point by a patch, forgot to post. Thanks Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (567 Views)