Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[NEEDS INPUT] Downloaded lots still treated as former lot type

by WilliamVSims

Original Post

Re: owning non business lots? -The sims 4

★★★★ Novice

I have a similar issue with a pre-made club in Windenburg that I have tried to destroy multiple times.  I've fully bulldozed the lot changed it to residential moved in sims ect.. but there are issues with the lights working at the home (I have to use auto lights as turning them on and off doesn't work).  Additionally, when other sims are called to hang out at a club they often end up on that lot rather than one of the other club lots in the hood.  

Lot destroyed Windenburg  - The Narwhal Arms - (premade get together social club that was connected to this location has also been disbanded.

Message 41 of 44 (192 Views)

Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except: kids room, my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rebuild the Starlounge (Lounge) into a residential lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Talent shows are placed in the Starlounge (Lounge) lot and the game still thinks it's in the original place (my new residential lot)
What do you expect to see? I have to lock the main door every day the show is on and my hall is crowded with people.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I moved the Starlounge (Lounge Lot) to the Torendi Penthouse (named now "Starlounge") and rebuilt the previous Starlounge in a residential lot named differently. Now the game thinks my new residential lot is still the "Starlounge" and Talent Shows placed in my new residential lot. 

I tried to remove the cache files, create a new game, changed again the lot type, etc., but it is still happening. 

I have to lock the entrance door to keep all the crowd in the hall but sometimes Sometimes I unlock the door to let friends and family get into my lot. If I forget to lock it again after they leave, then when the talen show day arrives my house is crowded with people. 

I want that lot to be residential because of the wonderful views, but It's becoming a problem. 

Thank you.

Message 42 of 44 (152 Views)

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

Hero

Hi @tiarron 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 44 (138 Views)

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Macbook Pro
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) when TALENT SHOWCASE is ongoing.
What is your current game version number? latest - June 2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them, including GF and CL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rebuild the Starlounge (Lounge) into a residential penthouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? Talent shows are placed in the Starlounge (Lounge) lot and the game still thinks it's in the original place (my new residential lot)
What do you expect to see? EVENTS SHOULD BE BYPASSED WHEN THE LOT TYPE IS NOT A LOUNGE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, mainly poses, MCCC, and some decorative objects. NO OBJECTS WITH MODIFIED TUNING.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After Get Famous is installed. 

Advice: Use if-statement in your code.

Message 44 of 44 (47 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help