[FIXED] Downloaded lots still treated as former lot type

by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons. Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires. Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens every time another sim calls me and invites me to a social event.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's putting me at the wrong lot type for the event.
What do you expect to see? The wrong lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've replaced almost all of the default lots with ones I've created myself and changed the lot types to correlate with the new lots theme. For example. what previously was a bar lot, is now a residential lot. However, all in game bar events still are held at the old bar lot (which is now the new residential lot). There are other bar lots available for play but any social event trigger will always point to a now residential lot. This happens with several different types of social events too. The last one I had issues with was a charity event that took me to a house.

Is this a bug and is there a known fix for this? I've tried searching the forums and Google, but I've only seen one other person with this issue from April 2018 and they never posted a resolution. The problem is because it takes my sim to a residential lot instead of a social lot, it is impossible for my sim to complete any of the social event tasks, and I'm stuck at some random house for like 5 hours until the event is over. I have to fail almost every single social event that points to a residential lot, when it should be at a bar lot or nightclub lot.

Please help!

1.JPG2.JPG

Message 31 of 37 (1,602 Views)

Re: Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

Hero

HI @Hellkittenn 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 37 (1,616 Views)

Re: Social events at residential lots instead of social lots.

★ Pro

Ever since Get Famous was released I have been having similar issues, with changed lots. In all of my saves pre Get Famous, the talent contest is help weekly at the Oasis Spring dust bowl, even though it does not have the lounge items needed. I placed the Dust Bowl on the old lounge lot and the even thought it says its a bar the game thinks it a lounge still.

Starting a new game it recognises the change but not on any game started before Get Famous, for me.

Message 33 of 37 (1,592 Views)

Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except: kids room, my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rebuild the Starlounge (Lounge) into a residential lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Talent shows are placed in the Starlounge (Lounge) lot and the game still thinks it's in the original place (my new residential lot)
What do you expect to see? I have to lock the main door every day the show is on and my hall is crowded with people.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I moved the Starlounge (Lounge Lot) to the Torendi Penthouse (named now "Starlounge") and rebuilt the previous Starlounge in a residential lot named differently. Now the game thinks my new residential lot is still the "Starlounge" and Talent Shows placed in my new residential lot. 

I tried to remove the cache files, create a new game, changed again the lot type, etc., but it is still happening. 

I have to lock the entrance door to keep all the crowd in the hall but sometimes Sometimes I unlock the door to let friends and family get into my lot. If I forget to lock it again after they leave, then when the talen show day arrives my house is crowded with people. 

I want that lot to be residential because of the wonderful views, but It's becoming a problem. 

Thank you.

Message 34 of 37 (1,474 Views)

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

Hero

Hi @tiarron 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 37 (1,462 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Macbook Pro
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) when TALENT SHOWCASE is ongoing.
What is your current game version number? latest - June 2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them, including GF and CL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rebuild the Starlounge (Lounge) into a residential penthouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? Talent shows are placed in the Starlounge (Lounge) lot and the game still thinks it's in the original place (my new residential lot)
What do you expect to see? EVENTS SHOULD BE BYPASSED WHEN THE LOT TYPE IS NOT A LOUNGE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, mainly poses, MCCC, and some decorative objects. NO OBJECTS WITH MODIFIED TUNING.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After Get Famous is installed. 

Advice: Use if-statement in your code.

Message 36 of 37 (1,371 Views)

Hero

Talent Showcase events will no longer sometimes occur on an invalid location.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Please create a new thread if it still occurs for other lot types.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 37 (4,801 Views)