Re: [OPEN] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

by ylvglo

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Experienced this bug while playing today. Don't know if I had it before the patch or not, but I definitely have it now.

Message 21 of 37 (2,238 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Talent Showcase takes place on former lounge lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Vampires, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a restaurant on a lounge lot and change the venue type to restaurant. Then wait for the Talent Showcase to be scheduled on that lot. I also read that the issue happened with a simmer who changed the Stargazer lounge lot in San Myshuno to a residential lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I placed a restaurant on the Club Calico lounge lot in Brindleton Bay. I also changed the venue type to restaurant. The system set the Talent Showcase for this lot even though it is now a restaurant. When the event started, it launched a continuous string of last exceptions that filled up my notification wall.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Talent Showcase to only occur at lounge venues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not sure about the patch, but I didn't have this issue before installing Get Famous.

System is selecting non-lounge venues for Talent Showcase.

Message 22 of 37 (2,292 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 37 (2,176 Views)

Re: Talent Showcase wrong lot

Hero

Hi @joyofliving37 

do you remember of the showcase was already scheduled when you changed the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 37 (1,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict,

No, the showcase was not scheduled before I changed the lot. I changed the lot a few months ago, and it was changed before I installed Get Famous.

Message 25 of 37 (1,859 Views)

Hero
If you changed it a few month ago, it could have something to do with this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Downloaded-Community-lots-still-treated-as-residential/...

Could you try if you still get them scheduled on those lots if you bulldoze the lot and re-place it with your build again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 37 (1,858 Views)

Hero

I've added this for now but maybe you could try suggestion above @joyofliving37  ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 37 (1,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict,

I did what you suggested and bulldozed the lots and placed the buildings again. There were talent showcases already scheduled at a restaurant that was previously the lounge in Oasis Springs, as well as the lounge lot in San Myshuno that I changed to a penthouse. The talent showcases are still scheduled for these lots after I bulldozed and placed them again. I’ll wait until these two showcases pass and see if they are continuously set at the restaurants and the penthouse.

Message 28 of 37 (1,826 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict,

I let some time pass in the game after doing what you suggested. The talent showcases are still being scheduled at residential lots and restaurants that used to be lounge lots.

Message 29 of 37 (1,791 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 37 (1,787 Views)