by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

Hero
See my edit above (you're too fast :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (2,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh sorry! Standard smile Thank you for the Info link! So [OPEN] means that its an issue and it will probably be patched?

Message 12 of 37 (2,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don't know if or when an issue will get patched. There's many factors to it and that's up to the devs to decide.

It basically means: It has been identified as a bug and been forwarded to QA for further investigation on how to handle. If it's an issue that affects many, it will probably get patched but as I don't work for EA, I can't really answer that questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (2,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ok, thank you for your help so far! I hope it gets patched soon.

Message 14 of 37 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello @crinrict!

I have seen on the link you send about: Residential lot still the location for dates. That is the same issue as mine because we both have the problem that lots, where you change the lot type from still keep the old lot type. Like: Community lot changed to residential is still treated as a residential lot. A residential lot changed to community lot is still treated as a community lot.

I also found a workaround but the bug still stays so I hope they still fix the bug even though there is a workaround.

WORKAROUND: 1. Kick out the household living in the lot (If you have the problem by a community lot)

2. Place the building of the affected lot again on the same lot.

This can be done pretty fast and this also worked for me! 

Explanation why this works: The game treats lots you changed the lot type from as the previous lot type, for example: You have a residential lot and you changed it to a community lot then the game treats it as a residential lot but if you change a community lot to a community lot by just placing the same building again then the game treats the community lot as a community lot.

Happy Simming!

Message 15 of 37 (2,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just adding that I have this problem too, two Maxis community lots I placed in Newcrest now have families living in them.  They still funcion normally and I have no Mods or CC.

Message 16 of 37 (2,246 Views)

Hero (Retired)
A very useful bug if it could concern my family and for example a bakery or restaurant. It could be solve problem of having a house besides a restaurant, for example, But it seems that it does not concern active sims. B.t.w - the bowling alley downloaded from the gallery to my game to test this bug is inhabited now by a family with three children. Unfortunately, I didn't switch off the MCCC and my mod suddenly discovered an empty, pretty new residencial lot in the city!
Message 17 of 37 (2,358 Views)

★ Guide
It could be useful but a bug is a bug.
Message 18 of 37 (2,338 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (2,278 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

★ Guide

Hello

UPDATE: When I visit a community lot that gets treated as residential and then travel to another lot in the same neighbourhood and click on the community lot I just travelled too, it no more gives the residential lot options (and gets treated as its current lot type).

Message 20 of 37 (2,254 Views)