Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Downloaded lots still treated as former lot type

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Stuff packs: Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 Bowling night Stuff, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Movie night Stuff, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff. Game packs: Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Jungle Adventure, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Spa Day. Expansion packs: Sims 4 Get to Work, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Make a household. 2. Let that household move live in a house. 3. Go to world manager. 4. Place a community lot from the gallery in a world (Make sure you have: Fill empty houses on). 5. There are 2 methods: Play for a while and go to world manager or travel with your household you are playing with and you see a plumbob above the icon from the community lot that you placed that means a household is living in it. Or you can travel to a lot next to the community lot you placed and once you are loaded in you can click on that community lot and you see the options: Visit and the option To get a household from the gallery and let the household live in the community lot (That last option shows that the community lot you placed gets treated as a residential lot).
What happens when the bug occurs? When community lots that aren't pre-made in any of the world(s) get treated as residential lots, then households are starting to live in the community lots but the employees still show up but there is a household living in the community lot.
What do you expect to see? Problem: Community lots that are from the gallery or that aren't premade in any of the world(s) gets treated as residential lots that's why households that aren't in any world from the household manager move into community lots that aren't pre-made. I expect to see: That community lots that are from the gallery and that aren't pre-made in any of the world(s) no longer gets treated as residential lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, my name is William! I have encountered a problem in The Sims 4. Households are living in community lots that I got from the gallery, it doesn't matter which community lot it happens by every community lot that is from the gallery or that isn't premade in any of the world(s). When im in live mode and im on a lot next to a community lot that I got from the gallery or that isn't premade in any of the world(s), and click on that community lot it shows me the options: Visit and the option to get a household from the gallery and let the household live in the community lot. Employees still show up on the community lot but there is a household living in it. So the bug in short: Community lots that I got from the gallery or that aren't pre-made get treated as residential lots that's why also households that aren't in any world from the household manager are moving into community lots. The first screenshot called: Schermopname 10 shows households living in community lots I placed down. The second screenshot called: Schermopname 8 shows that employees are still showing up on the community lot. (I had mods but I removed them because I didn't like them and after I removed them I also did a factory reset of The Sims 4)

UPDATE: I dont have the bug anymore since the patch from November 13th 2018.

Message 4 of 37 (5,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Talent Shows placed on residential lot (previous Lounge)

Hero

Talent Showcase events will no longer sometimes occur on an invalid location.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Please create a new thread if it still occurs for other lot types.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (4,797 Views)

All Replies

Comunity lots owned by sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them apart from jungle adventures romantic garden stuff laundry day spokey stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Community lots owned
What do you expect to see? The bug fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have several saves where on certain lots like the gym rattle snake bar and the park in oasis springs are owned by sims I don't play as it dosent occur in all my saves was checking if this a bug and if anyone else has this issue
I have no mods and no cc

Message 1 of 37 (4,677 Views)

Re: Comunity lots owned by sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

These type of lots can't be owned so how are they owned by other Sims ? 

Can you post a picture ?

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (4,658 Views)

Re: Comunity lots owned by sims

Hero

Tagging @I-Sim4ever_80 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 37 (4,594 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

Hero

Hi  @Aesthetixtect

are they also treated as npc owned businesses by the game for you as described in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949890/townies-own-businesses#latest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (3,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, the household is also treated as the owner because when im in world overview I get the option to let them sell the business. (Thank you so much for the link! I almost thought i was the only 1 with this weird problem)

Message 6 of 37 (3,738 Views)

Hero

There have been reports on this before. I moved an older post into yours as well.

Going to add it as I've tested the save of the other user at the time. Hopefully it will be reproducible with your steps.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (3,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Do you think this problem will be patched? I see that my problem is the opposite of her problem because by my game community lots get treated as residential.

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 37 (3,584 Views)

Re: Downloaded Community lots still treated as residential

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've forwarded the issue to QA.

They will need to figure out what's going on and hopefully it can get fixed soonish.

The underlying problem seems to be that lots keep their old status when you download something else unto it. The other thread I linked might also be connected.

EDIT: Also to answer your question: I try to document the status of a bug as far as I know it in the title. At first, if I read, it gets a [TO TEST] which basically means I'm gathering more info and try to repro myself. If it proves to be a real bug (as in this case), I will add it to the complied list. Since I'm not adding issues every day, it gets a [TO ADD]. Once I've added, I'm changing to [OPEN].

More info can also be found in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (3,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh ok! This is an off-topic question but before the title, there is standing [TO TEST] or [TO ADD] what does that mean? 

Message 10 of 37 (3,567 Views)