Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Downloaded and changed Photo frames revert color on moving

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, All game packs Fitness, Laundry, Toddler, Patio, Moschino,Cool Kitchen,Vintage Glamour,Kids room,Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Use framed photos from gallery - place photos on wall, change frame color, move picture 2) Use Framed photos from gallery - place photos, change frame color, save lot, move lot 3) Download medium framed photos from gallery - place wall - frames STILL disappear
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) When the color is changed on a photo frame it will revert back to the original color when the photo is moved and when the lot is moved. 2) Medium sized photo frames still disappear when placed from gallery
What do you expect to see? Frames retaining color and medium sized frames not disappearing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem started after the Moschino patch

@SheriGR 

There are still problems with framed photos as described above.

Message 7 of 18 (1,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Downloaded and changed Photo frames revert color on moving

Hero

Photo frames used within Gallery Uploads would not retain their chosen color once those lots were downloaded from The Gallery. They’ve been properly chastised and will listen to you now.

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,307 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] Photo frames will not upload to the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There is Still an issue with frames, if you change frame colors they Will revert back to original color when the lot is placed again also, if you change the frame color and just touch the picture again it reverts back to original color. Sigh. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01  Wow... I am very disappointed to hear that. So they always revert to black in your game? Do you have any Mods or CC? Raised eyebrow I will test in my game also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 18 (1,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

They revert back to the color of the frame that the original photo creator uploaded them in, so if the frames are brown and I change them to grey and want to move the photo  after it snaps to the new location the frame changes back to brown or if I  move the house to a new lot all the frames change back to the color they were uploaded in.

I don't have any cc and I took my mods out to test it.

Can anyone else confirm?

Edit - adding OK this doesn't seem to be fixed at all, at least not for all pics, I just placed a wall from the the gallery with white frames in the thumbnail and they all disappear when placed - these photos are by Mandykay77 'laundry room pictures' 

Message 3 of 18 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Okay... I finally was able to reproduce as follows:

• I had a home in the gallery/library (from shortly before the first frames bug/update). I had added frames and made the frames white when I made the home. These white frames were stripped from them by the bug. 
  • I re-added the white frames to these photos and saved the lot to my library.
  • I placed the lot (today) from my library and the white frames were still there.
  • If I change the color of a frame then move it, once placed the color changes back to white. 
  • I then changed several frames from white to black or brown.
  • I saved this lot to the library then re-placed the lot.
  • All of the frames had changed back to white after I placed the lot.

Can you confirm that this is what is happening to you?

Message 4 of 18 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, this is exactly what is happening and in addition, I believe medium framed photos are still placing without frames. I placed several walls of Mandykay's and all the frames disappeared (I believe she used medium sized photos as opposed to the large size photo)

The large photos frames are there when placed they just don't retain a color change when moved. 

Message 5 of 18 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Thank you for all of this information. Would you please add all of your information to a new bug report? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs Please then provide the link to the new report for me here or tag me there so I see that the report has been created. I can 'me too' and add my information & confirmation of testing and finding this in my game also. We can then see if others confirm what we are seeing. Thank you!

Message 6 of 18 (1,570 Views)

★★ Guide

Done 

Message 8 of 18 (1,550 Views)

Re: Continuing problems with photo frames

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 

I was able to reproduce as follows:

• I had a home in the gallery/library (from shortly before the first frames bug/update). I had added frames and made the frames white when I made the home. These white frames were stripped from them by the bug. 
  • I re-added the white frames to these photos and saved the lot to my library.
  • I placed the lot (today) from my library and the white frames were still there.
  • If I change the color of a frame then move it, once placed the color changes back to white. 
  • I then changed several frames from white to black or brown.
  • I saved this lot to the library then re-placed the lot.
  • All of the frames had changed back to white after I placed the lot.

Edit:  Note:  This test did not include the added issue of the Medium frames.

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA.

• Me Too – if you also have this problemfirst post on bug report has this button
  • XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

Message 9 of 18 (1,552 Views)

Hero
@schnuck01 Moved the whole discussion over to the new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (1,530 Views)