Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? basegame
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a door, arch or window in view of a mirror
What happens when the bug occurs? Doors, arches and windows clip with the walls when viewed through the reflection of a mirror. Frames show still.
What do you expect to see? Doors, arches and windows should display the center part when viewed in a reflection (i.e. glass, the actual door parts and open parts)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe this might be part of the latest window issues, though they did fix those. Not a big problem but doors, arches and windows show as clipping with the walls when viewed through a mirror.

(also first ever bug report so hoping I did it right)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 44 (10,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Doors, Windows, and Arches had cutouts when being reflected in Mirrors. Rorrim Rorrim no eht llaw, ohw si eht tseriaf erutaef fo meht lla?

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (7,120 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

Hero

@smolpercy wrote:

(also first ever bug report so hoping I did it right)

Yes, you did

Can replicate this with windows. Didn't test the rest but I assume it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (10,254 Views)

After September 3rd patch, the mirrors won't reflect anything behind arches

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By putting a mirror in left side of a hall, then an arch in right side of the hall. Move camera behind the arch.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mirror reflection shows the arch filled by a wall.
What do you expect to see? The objects & sims behind the arch reflected in the mirror, as it happened before the patch. Images below.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After September 3rd patch (multiple windows in a single wall)

First image: before patch (https://imgur.com/a/lZ37Pcy)

Second image: after patch (https://imgur.com/a/HCFsI2V)

No CC. Mirror is Count Vladislaus Paint + Straight-up wall mirror. Arch is base game. Same happens with any other mirror.

Before patch - NO ERROR - Mirror reflected everything behind arch.After patch - ERROR - Mirror DOESN't reflect anything behind arch

Message 3 of 44 (10,075 Views)

Re: After September 3rd patch, the mirrors won't reflect anything behind arches

★★ Novice

I have the same issue on xbox one console, mirrors dont reflect anything past windows, all it reflects is the wallpaint and window frame, this didnt happen before the sept 2020 update

Message 4 of 44 (10,065 Views)

Re: [OPENT] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. Base game windows and doors look the same in mirrors as CC windows and doors look all the time now since the patch.

Message 5 of 44 (10,008 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Door/ Stone Frame/ Holey Geometry glitching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So I'm not sure if this fits here but it connects to whatever is wrong maybe with ea doors and windows... 

Ea windows don't show up properly in mirrors. The window in images is a Base Game Window. Shows properly in-game except when viewed through a mirror.

Message 6 of 44 (9,946 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Door/ Stone Frame/ Holey Geometry glitching

Hero
@Abradley745 Merged this with the bug report on the reflections

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (9,926 Views)

Mirrors don’t show vie out of windows and doors anymore

★★ Novice

Dear Sims 4 team, as much as I love that we can stack windows now (yeah!! ❤️) I discovered a bug which might be linked to that feature: Mirrors don’t  show views outside windows and doors anymore in my game. The only show the lining of the window, but where there is support to glass, the show the wall instead.

I hope you can fix this issue soon. Thank you 🙏 and have nice day. 😊

Message 8 of 44 (9,876 Views)

Re: After September 3rd patch, the mirrors won't reflect anything behind arches

★★ Pro
@rosatzimba Am having exactly the same problem on my Mac so it seems to be all platforms. It's annoying in rooms with lots of windows, especially when using the fireplace with the built-in mirror.
Message 9 of 44 (9,763 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Doors windows and arches clipping in mirror reflections

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having this problem too. It began after the September 2020 update. The clipping occurs when looking through any mirror (all doors and windows are invisible with only the outline clipping through), and it even does it with the C&Ds fireplace.

09-04-20_9-21-51 AM.png

09-12-20_11-32-35 PM.png

09-12-20_11-32-48 PM.png

Message 10 of 44 (9,741 Views)