by Gutzyella

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Doors unlocking for children

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamor, Backyard Stuff, Kid room Stuff, Movie Night, Cool kitchen stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Luxury party stuff, Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock a door or gate for sims, in general or kids specifically. have sim go into a rabbit hole activity, school or work. when they get home they will be able to go through the locked door. this doesnt happen everytime
What happens when the bug occurs? i have several doors locked for my child sims. it seems when they got back home from school they were able to go through the doors even though they were still locked. the toddler that was home all day was not able to go through the doors.
What do you expect to see? doors to stay locked forever, please... im so tired of resetting my doors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i have several doors locked for my child sims. it seems when they got back home from school they were able to go through the doors even though they were still locked. the toddler that was home all day was not able to go through the doors.

this is my best guess as to why the doors are unlocking... 

the mother sim went to the hospital to have kids....I joined her.... came home, the kids were walking through the locked doors and gates, so i reset all the locks. In the morning the kids went to school. I tested the locks with the toddler while the kids were away and everything was locked. the kids came home and immediately went through the locked doors. I rechecked with the toddler and he was still working properly and locked out of the rooms.

I am guessing if the toddler went to daycare and came back he would also be able to go through the locked doors

Message 1 of 15 (1,691 Views)

Re: Doors unlocking after rabbit hole activity

Hero
@Gutzyella Does it matter which way the gates/doors face ? There was an issue with that but that's supposed to be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well all the doors and gates do face the same way... i will try and rotate one and see if that stops it

Message 3 of 15 (1,623 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

that was not the issue, i think it might be related to the University bug where after i split the household... the assigned beds and collections reset..... this will take a bit more time to test but will update if this is the problem.

Message 4 of 15 (1,611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

OK, It is not related to splitting the household. the only thing i have done different this time was plant seeds and move some trash plants around by the foundation. so popped in and out of buy mode several times, and deleted an extra mini fridge i had, and bought a extra sprinkler, and placed laundry piles from inventories

here is the save file Savefile .... i posted that last night and after 1 or 2 sim days the (its a tuesday in game) is when the school kids go through the locked doors again.... the toddlers cannot go through the doors/gates that are locked

Below is what the lot looks like when the glitch happened u should be able to notice the plants in the back and side of the house changed... no idea what is causing this

03-01-20_8-17-29 PM.png

Message 5 of 15 (1,546 Views)

Hero
@Gutzyella I hope to get some time to test this today but I'm a but busy with RL this week.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I moved the washer and dryer over with the alt key so they weren't clipping the wall and also moved the hamper to a different location.... since sims were not routing to them properly... and I have gotten my first school day in the last sims week the doors have not unlocked for the school kids..... then there was a holiday, and the next school day the doors are unlocked again..... I am at a loss lol

Message 7 of 15 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so i tried it in a different save.... it appears whenever the female sim gets pregnant and gives birth both seem to cause the school age kids to ignore the door locks

Message 8 of 15 (1,455 Views)

sims walking through locked doors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock door for specific sim > choose sim to lock out repeat for each sim
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempt to lock all the toddler/child/teen sims out of their parents' room so the parents can have some chance of private time, but the kids still freely walk in to play on the computer or sit and chat. Edited to Add: A child just went into the parents room to play on the computer but could then not leave the room.
What do you expect to see? For the kids to not come into the room when I lock them out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only change I made was to insert a pre-built house from the gallery, but I have replaced the affected doors several times to try to fix this. Locks worked in the previous house the sims lived in, which was also pre-built and inserted from the gallery.

Message 9 of 15 (1,446 Views)

Re: sims walking through locked doors

Hero
@caffemistos Merged your post as it's also children for you. Is it also if they come back from school for you or does it just never work ?

Could you test if it makes a difference if you change the orientation of the door ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,423 Views)