by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Doors ascending in build/buy every time they're clicked on

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a door on a wall in build/buy, then click on the door again.
What happens when the bug occurs? The door raises a short height and is unable to be pulled back down, it happens repeatedly with each new time you click on the door and the only solution is to delete the door.
What do you expect to see? I expect the door to stay level without moving continuously up the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 10th, 2020 update.

So, I decided to start and build a vacation lot in Sulani to take advantage of the new rental lot option released with the patch. I placed down a door just as an example of something I was showing to my friends, and when I clicked on it to move it, it went up a bit. It continuously went up more each time I clicked on it again. Thanks to shadow recording I was able to capture what happened. After the recording I tried it with other doors as well and it happened with every door I tried. I am not sure if this is specific to a water lot or not. 

Here is the link to the clip I took

It's not an end-of-the-world problem but boy it really caught my friends and I off guard. Please let me know if there's anything else you need me to test out to gather more information. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (2,802 Views)

Re: Doors ascending in build/buy every time they're clicked on.

Hero

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ? Does this also happen in a fresh save/on another building ?

Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! So yes, it's been a very long time since I used mods (over a year ago) and I had deleted everything associated. It happened in a fresh save as well. I've realized it only happens on water lots, and I believe some part of the wall has to be touching the water. I've also done a game repair.

Message 3 of 20 (2,766 Views)

@SongOfAwesome

I can repro. It only seems to happen when you don't have a floor. Try putting a foundation down and see if it fixes it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 20 (2,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BluebellfloraThat's weird I can't make it do it at all!

Oh!!!  It does it if I turn on bb.moveobjects.  Also does the same in Oasis Springs.  

Message 5 of 20 (2,710 Views)

Floating door in build mode

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dog, university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime i try to build something either on the bottom floor or the top floor my doors move up and do not sit on the ground on the outside but they do on the inside
What do you expect to see? The door should be sitting flat on the ground
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As seen my front door is floating off the ground and It will not let me move it down. I've tried everything. Why is this happening? How can I fix it and how can I build my house without this problem occurring??

Message 6 of 20 (2,747 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Floating door in build mode

Hero
@kaitem25 Could you confirm that this is what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Doors-ascending-in-build-buy-every-time-they-re/td... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (2,705 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Doors ascending in build/buy every time they're clicked on

Champion

@SongOfAwesome I have no idea what's going on there.  I just wanted to say that clip was amazing! lol  Thanks for sharing.  I do hope someone is able to fix the issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 20 (2,629 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes kinda but it was placed level on the ground as I began building the house the door rose and now I cannot move it back down to level. 

Message 9 of 20 (2,682 Views)

Hero
@kaitem25 Did it just rose on it's own or did you click on it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (2,660 Views)