Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Doctor: Surgery table only works on default color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up through Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a doctor in the doctor career, enter free build mode and change the color of the surgery table. When a patient needs surgery, the game will behave as if there is no available surgery table. Return the table to the original color and it is functional again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Changing the color of the surgery table makes it nonfunctional. Using the surgery table option is grayed out and the game says there is no available item of that type. Changing the color back to the original color makes it work again.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the color presets in the game would have no effect on the functionality of an item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Changing the color of the surgery table makes it nonfunctional. Using the surgery table option is grayed out and the game says there is no available item of that type. Changing the color back to the original color makes it work again. Changing the color should have no effect on the item functionality.

Message 1 of 8 (3,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing the color of the surgery table makes it nonfunctional

Hero

The "Refer for Surgical Treatment" interaction is now available on surgery tables that have had their color altered with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,267 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@LaurenNumberOne   I tested, but could not replicate. Followed my sim to work in the doctor's career; entered the cheat: bb.enablefreebuild; edited the surgical table  - tested two different colour combinations in build mode - but my sim could still perform operations on the table. But cheats are cheats; and not supported in the same way as other gameplay.

Message 2 of 8 (3,475 Views)

Hero
@LaurenNumberOne Which color did you try ? Maybe it's only certain ones ?

There's been many issue with this but I think most have been fixed so it would be important to know what color you chose.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (3,440 Views)

★ Guide

I tried this as well. For me none of the colours beside the default one worked. As mentioned earlier, changing it back to the default colour made the surgery table work again. The picture below shows the colour options, only the most left one worked for me. Otherwise the option to take the patient to the surgery table is greyed out, and it says there is no available surgerytable. 

gettoworkcolor.png

NOWORK.pngYESWORK.png

Message 4 of 8 (3,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Tested this now and yes, I can duplicate as well if I use the recolor of existing table.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,411 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I tested again: 

In the first test I made I only edited one out of two existing surgery tables at the hospital. After confering with some other helpers I tested that same save point again, and edited both tables at the same time, to the other two colour combinations available, previously untested by me. That greyed out the option to perform surgery, with a tool tip: "There are no currently available or valid objects present to perform this action". Editing one table back to the default colour made the option available again. The sims used either the table with edited colours or the one with default colour - as long as one of the tables had the default colouring. So I guess this could be a workaround.

Message 6 of 8 (3,356 Views)

Champion

It seems like this behaviour manifests because of the way the interation tests to see if a surgery table is available.

In the XML tuning files for:

socials_Doctor_Refer_Surgery (which is when you click on a diagnosed patient to refer them for surgical treatment) and
doctor_Refer_SI_SurgeryTable (which is automatically called when you click on a collapsed sim who needs surgery)

There's an object criteria test which checks to see if an object with a specific ID is available on the lot:

<V t="object_criteria">
  <U n="object_criteria">
    <T n="completed">False</T>
    <V n="desired_state_threshold" t="disabled" />
    <V n="identity_test" t="definition_id">
      <U n="definition_id">
        <T n="actual_object">73745</T>
      </U>
    </V>
    <T n="on_active_lot">True</T>
    <T n="owned">False</T>
    <V n="subject_specific_tests" t="all_objects">
      <U n="all_objects">
        <U n="quantity">
          <E n="comparison">GREATER_OR_EQUAL</E>
          <T n="value">1</T>
        </U>
        <V n="total_value" t="disabled" />
      </U>
    </V>
    <V n="tooltip" t="enabled">
      <T n="enabled">0xCBDC617F<!--There are no currently available or valid objects present to perform this interaction--></T>
    </V>
    <T n="use_depreciated_values">False</T>
  </U>
</V>

It checks for at least one object 73745 being available on the lot, which I assume is only one particular recolour (the default) of the surgery table object.

So if you change the colour swatch of both the surgery tables, then there will be no matching object 73745 on the lot and the interaction for referring to surgery will grey out and say there are no valid objects present. If you only change one surgery table swatch and leave the second surgery table the default colour, then the refer to surgery interaction will work and both tables will be useable - because the condition that having at least one object 73745 on the lot is detected.

To fix this issue, I'd change the object criteria test so that it doesn't look for a particular object ID. The test used for referring a pregnant sim to the surgery table to give birth checks to see if any object tagged as a surgery table is available, so that seems like a better option to duplicate as a fix:

<V t="object_criteria">
  <U n="object_criteria">
   <T n="completed">False</T>
   <V n="desired_state_threshold" t="enabled">
     <U n="enabled">
       <E n="comparison">NOTEQUAL</E>
       <T n="value">108728<!--surgeryTable_PatientOccupancy_full--></T>
     </U>
   </V>
   <V n="identity_test" t="tags">
     <U n="tags">
       <L n="tag_set">
        <E>Func_Doctor_object_SurgeryTable</E>
       </L>
       <E n="test_type">CONTAINS_ANY_TAG_IN_SET</E>
     </U>
    </V>
    <T n="on_active_lot">True</T>
    <T n="owned">False</T>
    <V n="subject_specific_tests" t="all_objects">
      <U n="all_objects">
        <U n="quantity">
          <E n="comparison">GREATER_OR_EQUAL</E>
          <T n="value">1</T>
        </U>
        <V n="total_value" t="disabled" />
      </U>
    </V>
    <V n="tooltip" t="enabled">
      <T n="enabled">0xCBDC617F<!--There are no currently available or valid objects present to perform this interaction--></T>
    </V>
    <T n="use_depreciated_values">False</T>
  </U>
</V>

So that's the version of the object criteria test from socials_Doctor_Refer_Surgery_deliverBaby and it's really similar, except that instead of looking for an object 73745, it looks for any object tagged as a Func_Doctor_object_SurgeryTable, which should work for all recolours of the surgery table.

Message 7 of 8 (3,345 Views)

Hero

The "Refer for Surgical Treatment" interaction is now available on surgery tables that have had their color altered with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,268 Views)