by SailorMoon8081

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Death Flower not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A sim needs to be dying, another sim needs to have a death flower to give.;
What happens when the bug occurs? Click on death, select give death flower, sim goes to give but then nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? To see my non dying sim give death a death flower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update.

no screenshots

Message 1 of 4 (1,259 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Death Flower not working

Hero

@SailorMoon8081I see you don't have Realm of Magic, but since installing the RoM prepatch and RoM, I think I've been having the same issue.  What happens is the sim dies and lays on the floor/ground.  Grim appears and after a little while you get the option on Grim to give the death flower before the dead sim tranforms into an urn/headstone..  Hit the option and it looks like a sim gives Grim the flower and then nothing else happens.  The dead sim doesn't transform into an urn/headstone, no options show up on Grim and the game gets stuck.  I've had it happen three times and every time I had to exit to main menu and reload.  The one time I didn't try to use a death flower, everything went as it should and the urn appeared.  So I think somehow trying to use the death flower causes the death process to be interrupted and Grim is waiting for the urn/headstone to appear.  Is what I describe like what is happening in your game?

Message 2 of 4 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everything else goes a usual.  The sim dies, death shows up, I can select give death flower but then they just stand there looking at each other followed but death then going and officially ending the dying sims life, then that sim becomes a urn.  I even tried it with a different sim to see if there was some glitch with that sim.

Message 3 of 4 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I tested this: grew and evolved Death flowers to quality Nice on home lot, stacked several of them in personal inventory, travelled to neighbouring lot where elderly sims close to death lived, waited for the Grim Reaper. The interaction to Give Death Flower to Grim produced no action, and fell out of the queue, and it looked like the animation reset both Grim and my sim. The error in the resulting LE were same/similar to the error for testing the bug reports of other harvestables, of quality higher than Normal, getting stuck in inventory after travelling and not being separable as several objects, but treated as one.

With only 1 Nice Death Flower in inventory the interaction and revival was successful.

The problem did not occur when the stacked death flowers in inventory were of quality Normal; or when the event took place on the home lot, with no travel involved after stacking flowers of quality Nice in inventory.

Grim will accept any quality death flower and revive accordingly.

Message 4 of 4 (1,137 Views)